• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: here we go again

Originally posted by Kobe

We really need a kick-in-the-ass of a wake up call before it's too late.
    YUP! i.e. filerbustering, the reason for filurbustering, the democrats really not putting any major agenda forward, like we really need them to do, but rather just wanting to stop Bush, even on more balanced issues. its become one way or the other, and that is plain dumb. they just cant seem to work together like they tried to do in the 80's through the mid 90's. i think clinton became such a disgrace toward the end after being such a solid leader in ways, it lead the uber conserv's starting to go after him and the democrats going to the wall for him. now here we are. gov't working for its own agenda and personal reputations. not us. :?
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

Re: here we go again

Originally posted by thesightless
      Originally posted by Kobe

We really need a kick-in-the-ass of a wake up call before it's too late.
      YUP! i.e. filerbustering, the reason for filurbustering, the democrats really not putting any major agenda forward, like we really need them to do, but rather just wanting to stop Bush, even on more balanced issues. its become one way or the other, and that is plain dumb. they just cant seem to work together like they tried to do in the 80's through the mid 90's. i think clinton became such a disgrace toward the end after being such a solid leader in ways, it lead the uber conserv's starting to go after him and the democrats going to the wall for him. now here we are. gov't working for its own agenda and personal reputations. not us. :?
      I think the increase in filibustering is due to the fact that the America public has not-so-wisely elected a Republican House and President removing the natural checks and balances our government typically had. Instead of being able to implement some of their own ideas, the Dems are basically side lined while the Repubs just run their agenda, much of which is one-sided. The only voice the other side of these issues has is the filibuster.

But your comment and my response tie in more with the problem than the solution I eluded to in my first post. I hate to point to Sept 11 but that was the last time everyone in this country was on the same page. Sometime you need a common goal go unify everyone. Right now the only commonality is "I'm right, everyone else is wrong," and the beloved finger pointing game. (It was Clinton! No it's Bush!)

A good start would be for all of us to admit that we don?t have the answers, and to take a step back to look the questions themselves.

The Romans were debating the aqua ducts when they got invaded. Pretty comparable to the trivia that has deadlocked our country today.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

Working...