• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Mute to release live Plastikman album, EX

RA News: Mute to release live Plastikman album, EX

Recorded at the Guggenheim in New York, the record will be Richie Hawtin's first album since 2003.

Mute Records have announced details of a live album from Richie Hawtin's Plastikman alias.

EX is Hawtin's first Plastikman album since 2003, when he released Closer on NovaMute and Minus. All seven tracks were recorded live at The Guggenheim Museum in New York, where Hawtin played at the invitation of Belgian fashion designer Raf Simons.

"I knew that Raf was a long time Plastikman fan so by accepting his offer to perform at the Dior event at the Guggenheim I knew I'd set myself up to a huge challenge," Hawtin says. "Although Raf was happy to have the already complete Plastikman Live 1.5 show, I locked myself away in a series of intense studio sessions and quickly recorded enough new material for the performance and realised I might also have enough for a complete new album."

He adds: "The music came out of me effortlessly as I was very inspired by the opportunity to play in this beautiful architectural space renowned more for art than music. The location also allowed me to step far away from the dancefloor, giving me a huge amount of freedom to explore any sonic ideas that I had. Art, music, architecture, painting, sculpture—these mediums are supposed to live together."

The album will be released digitally on June 10th, two days before Hawtin plays his only live Plastikman show of 2014, at Sónar in Barcelona. The vinyl, CD and "limited edition SubPac bundle" will follow on July 14th. (A Mute press release describes the SubPac as "a unique portable bass system that allows an immersive music experience.")

You can watch a trailer for EX below:

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Troklo
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mute to release live Plastikman album, EX

Always been a big fan of his, will get this for sure
    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

Plastikman disappeared years ago, with the geeky Canadian that was impersonating him.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
        Plastikman disappeared years ago, with the geeky Canadian that was impersonating him.
        who you talking aboot?

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Troklo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Hawtin uploaded the whole album onto youtube so if anyone wants to give it a go here is the link Plastikman - EX (Full Album) - YouTube

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Checking it out, sounding good.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

sneaky little english bastard, knowing everyone that bought arkives is now going to have to buy this uttter wank as well

cunt
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

is there gonna be a DVD of the digital cube live show from the museum?
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
                  sneaky little english bastard, knowing everyone that bought arkives is now going to have to buy this uttter wank as well

cunt

He's Canadian no?

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by feather

He's Canadian no?
                    born in england emigrated to canada at a young age
                    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Troklo
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Listened to it yesterday and enjoyed it.
                      Would be cool to have a dvd release with the museum show on it.

Comment

• sbando
                        Going back to Romford
                        • Apr 2008

Wow

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Damn.

Comment

Working...