X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsa
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2008

Nick Warren party ..

Woo-hoo! I just booked Nick Warren to play at a party, from his sound cloud pledge. Super excited!! Haven't figured out how it's all going to work, but this is a big tick on the ole' bucket list ..

:-D
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Nick Warren party ..

Congrats!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tsa
      Woo-hoo! I just booked Nick Warren to play at a party, from his sound cloud pledge. Super excited!! Haven't figured out how it's all going to work, but this is a big tick on the ole' bucket list ..

:-D
      Good on you !!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• klangfabrik
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2009

nice one

Comment

• tsa
          Gold Gabber
          • Jan 2008

Will be likely in Sydney, so keep in touch sydney siders ..

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

Wow great call. I could go for a Nick party.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

that's awesome

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

hell yeah, call Hernan up too. they seem to like to play together

Comment

• Brazilec72
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2009

my dream ...

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

I too had that in mind, but then Petra told me it was really this and that they meant, etc. Apparently, they mean it.
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Zover
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2014

I would have to do something amusing to make it memorable. Maybe make it a nude party, or make Nick Dj in a room all on his own.

Comment

• Zover
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

Double bubble if Petra came LOL

Comment

• sbando
                          Going back to Romford
                          • Apr 2008

Ask Zoe Allan to be the organizer. Chaos will ensue, but FUN!
                          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                          ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Zover
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2014

Who's Zoe Allan?

Comment

• unkle
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by chuckc
                              hell yeah, call Hernan up too. they seem to like to play together

As he said a couple of months back.

so you’re kicking off your four date US tour with Hernan Cattaneo at Marquee NY on March 21. Is there much preparation that goes into your gigs when you play together or are you at the point where you can essentially just turn up at a gig and go for it because you’re on the same page?

“It’s interesting. We don’t really talk about what we’re gonna do before we play together. I’ve done lots of back-to-back sets with people before like Jody, Dave Seaman, Danny Howells, Sasha and others. With some people, it works and with some people it doesn’t to be honest. Or it does one time, and then the next time it doesn’t really work. With me and Hernan, it always works every time because we’re kind of on the same page musically or we complement each other musically. It’s always good fun with him!”

When you have these experiences in these gorgeous settings, it must be nice to be able to share these experiences…

“Exactly! Me and Hernan always have a really good laugh. More and more now, we’re totally relaxed with the whole process and we really enjoy it. One of the things about DJing is that you should really enjoy what you’re doing as I think that it shows in your sets as well. Me and Hernan have many times stood back and thought, “Wow! What lucky buggers we are!”

You guys clearly enjoy working together. ver thought about recording a set or doing a mix together?“Yeah! We’ve discussed doing a CD together. I think a live one would be great! We’d pick a night that we’re playing together, record the whole night and then release it as a triple CD or something. That would be a great thing to do. We almost did it at Creamfields Peru last year but logistically it didn’t work out. It would be good to make a plan because I think it would be a great thing to do and I think it would be well-received as well. I kind of like that live thing where the mixes sometimes aren’t absolutely perfect or you’ll throw in the bassline really heavily and it really fits the mood of the night…

”Yeah, it seems like you two doing a mix together would be a really good ‘fit’. It’s kind of rare these days as a lot of DJs are very specific in what they play in terms of genre, but you and Hernan both have that downtempo, ambient side as well as a more banging proggy sound toward the end of the night.

“Exactly. We played in Russia recently and Hernan was playing some really interesting sort of funky, very melodic leftfield dance music, and I was really impressed with it. I think we’ll be bringing a lot of that into New York. We’re playing for six hours and for the first two hours we’re gonna be able to just play what we like really which will be good fun. We’ll play some deep stuff. There are even a couple of new breaks things. Now, I haven’t played breaks for a long time but there are a couple of tracks that I’m really impressed with. So, I shall be bringing those with me.”

Comment

Working...