any idea what his personal rider's like?? I can make some assumptions, but wondering what his mgmnt team sends the promoters...
SASHA 2005 technical rider
Collapse
X
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
That's what I'd be interesting to see. Not to say he is gonna pull some rock star shit like Van Halen and their "no brown M&Ms" deal. I just think it would be interesting to see what Sasha thinks is essential to his success night after night.
Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
lots of coke and malboro menthol lightsComment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
how many big dj's still play vinyl, Cd's are simply easier to carry through airports, and you can have a lot more of them than lps. I do love to watch a dj spin vinyl though. There will always be something about it.Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
Nigel, thanks for the info that's interesting. I have started using Ableton a little bit. It's pretty cool. The only drawback I have now is it is hard to sequence drums (like from Battery)..Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
agreed. but live is the future...for studio prod AND DJing..its amazing and its scaring the pants off the programs that cost $1000 that cant do what it does. dont be afraid to RTFM either. you learn something new EVERY time you pick it up. guaranteed...well..you have to pick it up and read it thoughComment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
I was gonna say "No, I mean what he gets from the promoter." Then I thought "He probably get that from the promoter."Originally posted by palmerlots of coke...Comment
-
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
Originally posted by CityRocker 52

***BUMP***
Apologies for the bump but I just leapt out of bed when this idea came to me...
Going from the rider, I could pack a wireless keyboard and mouse with me when I go clubbing, and screw around with sasha's set! It's not hard to sync an extra mouse with those logitech bases is it? Hell, I'll go back to back with Sasha!
"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
The digital DJ and the "new" Sasha. I'd have to say that I am for it, because I love DJ sets, but really miss live shows too. In Florida, at least, a decent live show is very rare. Groups like Hybrid, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, BT (older stuff mind you), Underworld, and Evolution never do the live show anymore. Most of them are finding it easier and more cost effective to play DJ sets only. So perhaps live shows will re-evolve through the spread of Albeton and what not.
Sasha is still cool, but seriously, if I wanted to hear James Zabiela I would listen to James Zabiela. I think that Sasha was once his mentor, but now the tables have turned (no pun intended). Why is Sasha spinning breakbeats? It just really fucking sucks, especially when people pay more to see Sasha than any breakbeat DJ. NOT COOL!"He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
Sasha has always "spun" breakbeats, and Zabiela isn't even in the same league.Originally posted by being cleverWhy is Sasha spinning breakbeats? It just really fucking sucks, especially when people pay more to see Sasha than any breakbeat DJ. NOT COOL!Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
rofl. Sasha was spinning breaks before JZ could even put a bottle in his mouth.Sasha has always "spun" breakbeats, and Zabiela isn't even in the same league.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
Umm...Northern Exposure 2 East and West Coast edition anyone??? Both of them almost all breaks...and from '97. Airdrawndagger and Involver are almost all breaks. I've actually come to associate Sasha with breaks more than anything in the last couple years.Originally posted by chemicalbeavisSasha has always "spun" breakbeats, and Zabiela isn't even in the same league.Originally posted by being cleverWhy is Sasha spinning breakbeats? It just really fucking sucks, especially when people pay more to see Sasha than any breakbeat DJ. NOT COOL!
And you're right, Zabiela is good, and will get even better in years to come, but almost no one brings it like Alex (for my money anyway).Comment
-
Re: SASHA 2005 technical rider
Northern Exposure yada yada yada...how about the GU comps? I'm aware that Sasha had dabbled with breaks here and there, but when I last saw him I thought he was Tony Faline. Don't bother bringing up any of his previous works, because entertainers are usually as good as their last performance. I last saw Sasha at the Blue Room in Orlando, and he SUCKED! If I have seriously offended someone's hero here, I would like to apologize in advance...
I am sorry."He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment