Would you go to a club to hear a DJ set if the DJ was DJing Remotely?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zover
    Banned
    • Mar 2014

Re: Would you go to a club to hear a DJ set if the DJ was DJing Remotely?

Err that's not being transmitted to another club is it.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

No I guess not. I figured there's no point going to a club if I hardly even watch a Boiler Room set.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• jay813
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

Originally posted by feather
        No I guess not. I figured there's no point going to a club if I hardly even watch a Boiler Room set.

except watching a boiler room set is nothing like going to a club. but youre a cool guy, i don't need to tell you that.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jay813
          except watching a boiler room set is nothing like going to a club.
          True that, I made a fail post

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• coliver1980
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2008

I attended an ISDN night at Lush, N. Ireland. Was Feb 14th 1999. Saw Sasha live and Darren Emerson via ISDN. Didn't care much for the ISDN set in the club.

Comment

• Zover
              Banned
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by coliver1980
              I attended an ISDN night at Lush, N. Ireland. Was Feb 14th 1999. Saw Sasha live and Darren Emerson via ISDN. Didn't care much for the ISDN set in the club.
              I had forgot about that one.

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Wouldn't see a DJ remotely, for me the key thing (when it works well) is the way a DJ on form can bring the crowd into their set and then you get that live response to the music. If it's streamed I'd rather listen with a glass of wine at home.
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

I think if I ever went to one of these events, it'll be like going to those swanky places where DJ's play lounge/jazz house and no one gives a fuck about the music. Sipping crap, whilst maintaining to talking crap. However, could be different if the music is blaring.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• nelinho
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Sep 2011

Boiler Room: A Missed Opportunity? - Attack Magazine

Comment

• phaeton
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

the DJ should at least make some mistakes during the set if he's not in the club

DJs Now Deliberately Making Mistakes To Prove They Are Real DJs

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by phaeton
                        the DJ should at least make some mistakes during the set if he's not in the club

DJs Now Deliberately Making Mistakes To Prove They Are Real DJs

“I’ve been miss-mixing for years now,” revealed Villalobos recently. “Usually as a result of forgetting where I am or what I was doing because I’ve taken too much of something but I’ve also done it intentionally once or twice.”

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...