• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Sven Vath - Coming Home

RA News: Sven Väth is Coming Home

Boards Of Canada, Nils Frahm and James Holden all appear on Väth's "quiet listening compilation."

Sven Väth has mixed a compilation for Stereo Deluxe's Coming Home series.

Previous editions of Coming Home have been overseen by Nightmares On Wax, DJ Hell, Jazzanova and Nouvelle Vague. In keeping with the theme of the series, the 14-track selection explores the kind of music Väth listens to at home. "My influences have always been diverse and unpredictable," says Väth in a Facebook post. "And that is unmistakably the case on this quiet listening compilation."

Väth's selections include a number of synth explorers (James Holden, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never), breakthrough artists from the past couple of years (Nils Frahm, Axel Boman) and some underground house favourites (Horror Inc., Portable).

"I actually intended to present only my current fave songs—without any particular dramaturgy," he says. "But even so, there's a musical arc of suspense to what came together in the end." Coming Home is currently available for preorder at iTunes. It'll also be released on CD.

For some more insight into Väth's decades-long career, check his recent Exchange with RA editor Ryan Keeling below:

Tracklist
    01. Arve Henriksen - Poverty And It's Opposite
    02. Horror Inc. - Crépuscule
    03. Recondite - Leafs
    04. Boards Of Canada - Cold Earth
    05. Axel Boman - Fantastic Piano
    06. Oneohtrix Point Never - Americans
    07. Holden - Some Respite
    08. Portable - Making Holes
    09. Popnoname - Ann
    10. CocoRosie - Tears For Animals
    11. Origin - Lizzy
    12. Donni Sò - La Pagliarella (Ulrich Schnauss Remix)
    13. Food - Becalmed
    14. Nils Frahm - Says

Stereo Deluxe will release Coming Home on June 27th, 2014.
    Label: Stereo Deluxe
    Quite looking forward to this.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Sven Vath - Coming Home

Some nice artists, can't really comment of the tracks itself, as I have not heard them all.

Yeah this should be pleasurable listening, probably on a similar note to soundgarden by Warren.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Really looking forward to this specially if it's on the slower downtempo side of music, his RA podcast from last year was one of my favourites
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

someone linked that Nihls frame - says - today; first I had heard of him. laid back but talented.
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Hoff
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Aug 2009

this thread made me remember this megaFar gem

i saw sven play this Live on vinyls! @ crobar buenos aires, me in far Flowers mode, so good

sounded so far & cocoon : )))))

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Troklo
            Really looking forward to this specially if it's on the slower downtempo side of music, his RA podcast from last year was one of my favourites
            I remember that! It's always nice to hear DJs like Vath venture into something different. On that note it'll be really cool to hear Laurent Garnier do a Back To Mine.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Illuminate
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Aug 2009

He is a fantastic DJ, so much energy from such a minimal production. Always had loved how he teases the crowd threatening to ramp it up, and just mellows it right back down. Appreciate his efforts of yearly doing the Australian leg.

Sbando
              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
              Feather

Bob
              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
              KiwiTollway

Comment

• Hoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by feather

. On that note it'll be really cool to hear Laurent Garnier do a Back To Mine.

what you say, .. would imply Laurent on downtempo mode you mean ?

if it´s that, totally agree, i really hope that happens at some point

also, there are ? some softer sets from laurent ?, i mean really soft ones

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Actually he might have done a downtempo mix on Excess Luggage.

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

wich one should be the downtempo there ?

and this is confusing

" Format: 3 × CD "

and then " Something urban, eclectic, timeless which I have truly built a special relationship: Paris, London, Barcelona & Detroit. 4 countries, 81 tracks,
                    5 mixes recorded for 5 different occasions, in really different moods & atmospheres. "

howsssss this ?¿

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Probably the PBB Late Night Mix From Pedro's Broadcasting Basement, Anytime, Anywhere.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Illuminate
                        He is a fantastic DJ, so much energy from such a minimal production. Always had loved how he teases the crowd threatening to ramp it up, and just mellows it right back down. Appreciate his efforts of yearly doing the Australian leg.
                        You obviously don't see him in Melbourne . He is shit here Not THE shit
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• klangfabrik
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2009

wich one should be the downtempo there ?

" Format: 3 × CD "

Excess Luggage is an excellent mix compilation. originally released 3xCD with 2 more mixes for download from the f comm homepage. these 2 bonus mixes were released as 2xCD one year later as well.

Comment

• phaeton
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                            someone linked that Nihls frame - says - today; first I had heard of him. laid back but talented.
                            the guy is a piano and synth wizard : Cité de la musique Live - Nils Frahm

Comment

• Illuminate
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                              You obviously don't see him in Melbourne . He is shit here Not THE shit
                              Maybe I just enjoy his music more than others?

Not THE shit. Hahaha.

Sbando
                              - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                              the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...