• Dec 2005

Introducing Pig

what a little sweetheart

It was fun while it lasted...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Introducing Pig

Sweet doggie, I hope he makes it with all of his health issues. He seems to be enjoying life the best he can. I don't appreciate his name they gave him, being that it's not even his species, it feels derogatory to me (I might be too sensitive there). I wish he'd been called a strong, survival name like Roscoe or Duke or something similar and strong. I love dogs so much. Mine truly seem like emotional beings; without saying a word, my dog just knows when something is really bothering me. I like that.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." —Roger Caras (photographer and writer)

"Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell." — Emily Dickinson

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^^Err, it's a she
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

Dogs read our emotions by seeing our face from right to left which is the opposite of how humans read emotions on peoples faces - from left to right. I learned about this from a documentary. Dogs can pick up on how we feel differently that humans but not as deeply of course. But that alone is part of what makes the relationship so special or something -- How they read our emotion differently.

I think you are right about naming this dog pig. That is rather deragatory. I didn't see it that way initially but I do now.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

^^ that right to left stuff sounds a bit wacky my friend. You believe this but can't trust nutrition labels?

Maybe I had to see that documentary .

I've just noticed how our dogs sense the slightest, most minor change in the tone of our voices and react to it. It's interesting.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DIDI
            ^^^Err, it's a she
            my bad

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
              ^^ that right to left stuff sounds a bit wacky my friend. You believe this but can't trust nutrition labels?

Maybe I had to see that documentary .

I've just noticed how our dogs sense the slightest, most minor change in the tone of our voices and react to it. It's interesting.
              I believe it's possible dogs can read human emotion... and I def believe it's in these huge candy I mean protein bar companies to lie on their labels.

NOVA | Dogs Decoded

transcript/source: NOVA | Dogs Decoded

Nova (PBS) ran a spectacular show called Dogs Decoded a while back. Lots of new and provocative info...
              http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/nature/dogs-decoded.html
              - "There are more dogs than babies worldwide, nearly half a billion."
              - "The key to a dog's ability to read our emotions might lie in something we all do without knowing it. When we express our emotions in our faces, we don't do it symmetrically. It's been shown that, if you take somebody's face when they're expressing some emotion like happiness or anger or something like that, there is a difference between the left and right side.
              "One of the theories is that maybe our emotions are more faithfully presented in the right side of our face, and that's the side that we tune in to. When we look at a face, we have what's known as a natural left-gaze bias, so you naturally look much more towards the left, i.e. the right-hand side, of somebody's face. Eye-tracking software demonstrates that, when presented with a human face, we nearly always look left first.
              "Dogs, when they are looking at pictures of dog faces or objects, they will look randomly on the left or the right. But, when it comes to human faces..." dogs gaze left.
              -It seems that many humans can distinguish dog emotions just by hearing their barks. "... in the study, you could see that people can discriminate six barks, and most of them were quite successful in this... . In the natural world, dogs' wild relatives, wolves, only bark as a warning. Amazingly, during the course of domestication, dogs may have evolved their elaborate vocal repertoire especially to communicate with us. "
              ...and this was just the first few minutes of the show.
              Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2014

That was fascinating! thanks! They almost lost me when saying my ancestors were chimpanzees, but I stayed with it. Now, I'd like a pet fox. lol

I'm really glad I watched that.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

Our male long haired chihuahua looks like a lil fix

Comment

• Garrick
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

aww, i love Pig. cute dog. cute name. i think i am more emotional about animal stories like these than i am human stories that are similar.
                    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

"Fox" not "fix" - this is what i get for responding via iPhone all the time

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2014

maybe dogs are that too, a "lil [love] fix."

& your iphone knew

Comment

Working...