Need some help: if you were living under a rock for the past five years...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Need some help: if you were living under a rock for the past five years...

...and suddenly crawled back out into the world of beats, where would you start as far as getting back into tech / progressive house sounds? Because that's pretty much my case. What from the past year or so would make your short list? For what it's worth, I've found some stuff from Stelios Vassiloudis recently that I've enjoyed a good bit. Thanks in advance!
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Need some help: if you were living under a rock for the past five years...

Firstly, great to see you !! If I remember you were more into minimal ?? We spoke about Barem, finally saw him a few months ago. Very impressed. !!

I'll speak for the progressive bit.

Hernan still keeps getting better
    Guy J
    Henry Saiz
    Cid Inc
    Luke Porter. Highly recommend his Prognosis set. I was there !!
    Love Ricky Ryan but he may be a bit laid back for you.
    Rich Curtis , has a slightly more tech side.
    Jamie Stevens is killing them this year. Again towards tech .
    King Unique. Hmm I'm actually realising I like more tech than I thought.

That should keep you going for a little while.

Soundcloud them all.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

of the ones DIDI listed I would definitely second Ricky Ryan, really nice stuff.

I would say the really "in" sound right now comes the likes of dixon, Ame, tale of us.

I would highly recommend the electronic groove podcasts. They are consistently excellent despite the fact I barely know any of the DJs before the mixes arrive on my phone.
      motherlover

Comment

• ribbario
        Underwater
        • Aug 2006

you must check some mixes from :

https://soundcloud.com/robot-heart
        Mixes !!!

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Wowza - welcome back Miro.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

progressive, this mix stood out to me recently:

Transitions 510 - Tom Budden (2014-06-06)

If you are ever in the mood for something different than the genres you mentioned, give these a spin:

For those who were asking what the mysterious mix that was put on after the DJs stopped playing outside at the Life and Death party in Art Basel, here it is. A mellow trip prepared by Greg from Thugfu

Nutritious & Mark Farina // Mushroom Jazz Live at Mighty San Francisco 02-08-13

Kygo - BBC Guest Mix For Diplo&Friends

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

miro - welcome back, buddy! you can go to the dj's bio page here on MS and see links to a lot of their sets that have been posted for d/l. i'm not sure if that was around last time you were on here or not.

i second ricky ryan and guy j without a doubt...
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kamal
                Wowza - welcome back Miro.
                Thanks, Kamal!

Everyone - thank you! Great to see you're all here. I'm going to check out as many of your recommendations as I can on a road trip this weekend...will be back. I think I may actually stick around a bit this time around with some regular frequency. Maybe I'll even finally dust off those turntables after 2-3 years of silence...

One thing I'm digging right now is this remix at minute 15...kinda groovy and chuggy Also the one right after it...

https://soundcloud.com/stelios-vassiloudis/june-2014-airplane-mix
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Welcome back Miro. Always great to see people finding the reassurance of the vitality of [ms] to ones musical requirements. Trust all is well family/life/music wise, in perfect harmony

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

hey buddy!

I've been listening to these two a lot lately:

BUTANE @ OUTPUT NYC 22-FEB-2014 by butane on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Nicolas Matar - Robot Heart - Burning Man 2013 by Robot Heart on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

I'll respond on behalf of Dhar2:

and for Rezo:

and for Unkle:

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• klangfabrik
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2009

here are some of my recent favourites:

https://soundcloud.com/cid-inc/cid-inc-anjunabeats-worldwide-384-08062014

https://soundcloud.com/eelke-kleijn/outside-the-box-episode-096

https://soundcloud.com/guy-j/guy-j-march-lost-in-miami-mix

https://soundcloud.com/danny-howells/danny-howells-transitions-484

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                          ...and suddenly crawled back out into the world of beats, where would you start as far as getting back into tech / progressive house sounds? Because that's pretty much my case. What from the past year or so would make your short list? For what it's worth, I've found some stuff from Stelios Vassiloudis recently that I've enjoyed a good bit. Thanks in advance!
                          Weekly Transitions and Resident mixes

Dixon - Essential Mix
                          Guy Gerber - Essential Mix
                          Sasha - 6 Mix

CDs

Guy Gerber - fabric 64
                          Digweed - London & Miami
                          Joris Voorn - Balance 014
                          Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance : The Masters Series - Parallel
                          Henry Saiz - Reality Is For Those Who Are Not Strong Enough To Confront Their Dreams Link
                          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Sold! Here's my Sunday listening, whilst writing an essay completed.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                            Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                            Bob
                            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                            KiwiTollway

Comment

• klangfabrik
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2009

i should have added these:

https://soundcloud.com/fact-world-wide-events/fact-worldwide-session-by-6

https://soundcloud.com/ralphlawson/ralph-lawson-live-in-london-2020vision-day-party

Comment

Working...