• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Americans!

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
    But they also call every form of EDM that isn't rap...TECHNO..
    I love that, you ask someone if they ever go to clubs and they say "I would, but I can't stand that techno music." I always think "You wouldn't know real techno if you heard it."

Comment

• CrackedSun
      Getting Somewhere
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MusicalJourney
      Originally posted by peloquin
      "where are you from"

"London"

"London? Is that in France??"
      I wouldn`t call tha ignorance.. just down right dumb if you ask me.
      very dumb...you guys got some fuckin tards (chavs) over there too...

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
        I love that, you ask someone if they ever go to clubs and they say "I would, but I can't stand that techno music." I always think "You wouldn't know real techno if you heard it."
        Originally posted by jeff collins
        But they also call every form of EDM that isn't rap...TECHNO
        I for one am guilty of telling people I listen to techno.....but I don't think its such a bad thing. For more than one reason I choose to tell people I listen to "techno".... one I don't feel like explaining it. If I told them I listened to house and all its variants they just wouldn't get it or much less care. So.... techno=anything electronic. Fine by me I don't like explaining things to morons anyway. The second reason.... I'd rather them have the mindset that they don't like it. Keeps out the riff-raff.
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• sammwalk
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

^^^as long as the world of EDM retains a fairly intelligent and forward-thinking mindset, you won't have to worry about riff-raff.

Stupidity is human, not American. We just package it and sell it, so it goes eveywhere else in the world. And guess why we're still in business? 'Cuz everybody else in the world eats that shit up! So quit complainin'.

Comment

• drthundr
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Being from the US, it's well known that most of the US is redneck, so it isn't shocking at all to see this type of ignorance. My buddy went to Mexico and was able to pick out all of the American tourists in an instant. Some of them actually had their names on their shirts, like "Bob" "Bob's wife" "Bob's son". He took a picture. I felt ill after seeing it. So yes, we're well aware of it too. If you ever get an opportunity, go to Disneyworld in Orlando and you'll see the cream of the crop.

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by drthundr
              Being from the US, it's well known that most of the US is redneck, so it isn't shocking at all to see this type of ignorance.
              this coming from an ignorant New Yorker

Comment

• drthundr
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Hahaha. New York has some of the worst. I went to college in Upstate NY. Not to say EVERYONE is a redneck, but a majority, yes. Once you're outside of the big cities, it's all the same.

Comment

• triggerb
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Far more in breeding stateside imo

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^^^ And this coming from a person whose country is known more for its alcoholism than anything else.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
                      Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                      But they also call every form of EDM that isn't rap...TECHNO..
                      Yeah I've got a buddy that plays out in columbus, and people are always coming up to him when he plays a night that he doesn't usually do, and they ask him to stop playing techno. He says he wants to bring in REAL Techno record and then immediately play it and say. NOW THAT'S TECHNO!!! And scare the living shit out of all those people.
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• evangelion
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

I was that same way back in my uninitiated days. Electronic = techno. Then I started hearing people talk about house and I was like "You mean techo, right?" And they were like "No, house music." It's kinda funny because you could play these same people techno and they would still tell you to turn it off.

Comment

Working...