• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FM
    ...things are bad enough as is in most cases
    All the more reason to reelect someone who at very least stands for something, and is seeing through what he started.

Comment

• brakada
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
      The chances of that happening are about as likely as Kerry sticking to something he says longer than one speech.
      There you go:

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
      - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998
      He even sticked to it for 5 years. Now vote for him. :wink:

Politicians are all the same, changing their positions is what they do and get paid for. :? It's just how well you convince the people, you really "changed".
      We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by brakada
        The chances of that happening are about as likely as Kerry sticking to something he says longer than one speech.
        There you go:

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
        - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998
        He even sticked to it for 5 years. Now vote for him. :wink:

Politicians are all the same, changing their positions is what they do and get paid for. :? It's just how well you convince the people, you really "changed".
        Yeah and what does he say now?

He tries to make is sound like he never said any of that. Or at least twists it to make himself not look like as big of a hypocrite.

Comment

• brakada
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Yeah and what does he say now?

He tries to make is sound like he never said any of that. Or at least twists it to make himself not look like as big of a hypocrite.
          Well, as I said, that's what politics is all about. IMHO, an honest person could never make a good career in politics. Bush should have done that, too. He should have fired a few people (esp. from intelligence) and admit that things could have been done better and blame it on the others. Bush also seems to "forget" quite a lot of what he says, hint: "The war in Iraq has ended." And how many Americans have died since?
          We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• delirious
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
            UN, lmao. Those inspectors couldn't find the crack in my ass.

Still tho, funny how you blatantly disregarded the entire post about democrats flip flopping as usual, and went for the one bush slant.

That's politics for ya.
            I've told everyone already: I'm non-partisan; I hate both parties equally. I don't care what the Democrats said... everyone knows this is Bush's war.

Comment

• evangelion
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by delirious
              Originally posted by Jenks
              UN, lmao. Those inspectors couldn't find the crack in my ass.

Still tho, funny how you blatantly disregarded the entire post about democrats flip flopping as usual, and went for the one bush slant.

That's politics for ya.
              I've told everyone already: I'm non-partisan; I hate both parties equally. I don't care what the Democrats said... everyone knows this is Bush's war.
              So let's see some liberal criticism then. As I recall there was been exactly 0% from you so far. Like I said: Say one thing, do another. You are a classic closet liberal. COME OUT!!!!

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Re: More WMD Artillery shells found

Originally posted by cosmo
                I wonder why the press isn't intrested in this news? They turn a blind eye to this, the reason we went to war, and give Al Gore front page headlines as to how there were no WMD in Iraq, and how there were no ties between the two groups. Who even cares about the truth anymore?
                yeah big surprise that the US media won't report something pro-US. I hate the fucking media!!!!
                Maybe they should leave Brad Pitt and Madonna (oops I mean Esther :ROFLMAO alone and pay attention!
                "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by darkmark
                  Quoting newsmax is even worse than quoting FOXNEWS...
                  Look at me I'm the worst of all for quoting you!
                  "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• Balanc3
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

You guys are missin the importance of this find. We have found more old missiles that were supposedly destroyed during some of the first U.N. inspections in the early nineties. Instead the were relocated and hidden from the inspectors while the inspectors sat on their thumbs and said no WMDs found here. Its always been a goose chase, and this is proof that Saddam ducked the inspections and still had WMDs even after they were supposedly destroyed. Now these missiles are littering the middle-east. Tell me this is not an emminent threat to the U.S. and its allies. How bout this "what if" scenario. What if one of those missiles made it into Greece for the Olympic games. Thus why NATO is preparing to send a navy fleet, spy planes, and WMD units into Greece. So screw your hijack over the "news max source" this information has made its way over the wire and is being published by papers worldwide. This is real so stop being so freeking skeptical, unless you want another 9/11 or whatever.
                    JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• mylexicon
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by brakada
                      He even sticked to it for 5 years.
                      And it took him 5 minutes to change his mind. Even in this world where we
                      exalt pragmatism over blind idealism, you'd be hard pressed to find a person
                      who was enlightened in 5 minutes. Especially considering he is a vietnam vet
                      and he knew what invasion would mean long before he saw pictures on CNN.

He is a hack. A president must sometimes make decisions about national
                      security that will make him an unpopular man......it is a responsiblity of the
                      office. You are given enormous amounts of intelligence information and
                      you are required to act according to the knowledge only you are privy to. Clinton
                      and, it could be argued that Bush, both failed before 9/11. Bush will not fail
                      again, but i'm certain that ball-less flip flopping Kerry will. He represents the
                      pervading insolence that ruled America pre-911, and he must be kept from
                      office.
                      Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

Working...