my sasha/wink @ fundacion friday may 6 reaction....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hombre
    Getting warmed up
    • Oct 2004

Re: my sasha/wink @ fundacion friday may 6 reaction....

Looks like the Sarsha fanatics don't dig wink sounds at all... I had the luck to hear him live in march this year and he kicked ass. It's a whole different sound dimension and maybe most of you just don't feel it.

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

Wink is either hit or miss, when he's on he's as good as anybody, when he's not, it can be quite boring. I agree he needs to let those 10 year old "hits" go, it's over for those, and actually I never liked them in the first place.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• 13kickdrums
        Getting Somewhere
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Hombre
        Looks like the Sarsha fanatics don't dig wink sounds at all... I had the luck to hear him live in march this year and he kicked ass. It's a whole different sound dimension and maybe most of you just don't feel it.

i agree, kind of how mcdonalds is a whole different "taste" dimension from a proper restaurant. actually, i enjoy some mcdonalds once in a while so i shouldnt drag ronnie down with josh.

Comment

• asdf_admin
          i use to be important
          • Jun 2004

i use to be a Wink fan back in the hum days. His sound is just purely lost, no soul at all, none, zero, zip, notta. I can not pick up anything from it. The shows I have been to with him as a headline have been great, never really had a poor show with Mr. Wink ... but the last one was like 4 years ago. His new tracks and sounds ... just do not do it for me. It is like opening a box candy and getting rocks. Terrible.

lkjslkfj432ou5jnhkwlejtg lk
          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• yelena
            Getting Somewhere
            • Sep 2004

Buddy, i did not want to be the one to say this but i agree with you 100% about Asians falling all over you!!! Not only are they RUDE, but someone should tell them to spray each other down with a bottle of deodorant before they come out. Dont their parents teach them any manners????????????

But i did not enjoy Josh Wink one bit. Sorry i will disagree with you on that.

Comment

• triggerb
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Bit odd putting wink in the middle. But he is brilliant.

From the threads is seems too many sarrsha purists on the prowl..

I guess from the reports that maybe Fundacion hasnt been ALL THAT

Comment

• minneec
                Getting warmed up
                • Dec 2004

LOL, well Sasha purist or not, I thought the party overall until like 5 was horrible, and not because of Josh Wink. I liked what he was spinning, but no one else seemed to, and whatever little vibe there was left with all the disheartened people or something. Sasha's first set was really techy and beat driven. It didn't seem to have any of the usual soul that comes with his sets. And the crowd sucked. I'm Asian and I thought those Asians were scary.
                After 5, the room cleared to those who were there for the music, and the tag team wasn't on par with what happened the last two months, but it was still really well done. Definitely different sounds. Dancing to hard acid mixed in with the uplilfting melodies Sasha would throw in every so often was great. And I liked the old stuff, Age of Love, Orbital. The party started off badly, but redeemed itself in the last few hours.
                And having Wink in the middle isn't anything different than what has been done since this Fundacion party began. It's always Sasha, then guest, then tag team

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Rumour is that Sasha is running Fundacion in the Space Discoteque this summer .. I sincerely hope the DJ set up is different.
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Hos
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                    I'll be unpopular and say a few things...

Sasha's first set was droning, canned, and dissapointing.

Every Fundacion party has Sasha play for 2 hours, and then the guest come on.

Wink's set was not BAD at all, just not what most people wanted to hear I bet, but I really enjoyed it quite a bunch... leading me to give more detail than was put in earlier... Sasha came back on at 5am and played back to back with wink for the remainder of the night... but during wink's set Sasha (i was down front center and saw all of this mind you) was digging it like crazy and watching closely to check out how and what he was doing... So opinions aside.... let the masses know that wink was on point, just not what most wanted to hear.

Sasha did get bonus points for dropping into Halcyon-and-on-and-on and looking down at me and smiling BIG TIME when I named that tune in 2 notes and it was a lovely dancefloor moment when he winked back at my "WERK!" shout. All in all it was a decent night, although I am going to get arrested soon for beating messy asians to pieces on the dancefloor should they continue to fall over onto me, not to mention the long island bitches (I just pull their hair when they step on my feet with their ugly heels). One fundacion left, lets hope for a good one...

Umkay?
                    nice review. am gutted that the last one is next. i'll be in NYC sometime between 9 July and 13 August as my sister is doing an internship there and i'm definitely going to visit. anything happening? (i know stupid question)
                    black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• miketpoto
                      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Hos

nice review. am gutted that the last one is next. i'll be in NYC sometime between 9 July and 13 August as my sister is doing an internship there and i'm definitely going to visit. anything happening? (i know stupid question)
                      Never fear Hos, I'll adopt you as an exchange clubber and make sure to include you in whatever dancing happenings there are during your stay. Not sure what is scheduled that far out just yet, but sander on the third friday of every month is a guaranteed wonderful night musically/peoplewise/and overall great vibe.

Comment

• buckman
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Well we here in boston get to have sasah paired up with paulo mojo in june.anyone else have this set up??
                        " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                        All That I See
                        Absolute Horror
                        I Cannot Live
                        I Cannot Die
                        Trapped In Myself
                        Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Kinetic
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by buckman
                          Well we here in boston get to have sasah paired up with paulo mojo in june.anyone else have this set up??
                          How about Sasha with DJ Vibe on the 25th of May here in Lisbon?
                          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• undrgrndwmn
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Re: my sahsa/wink @ fundacion friday may 6 reaction....

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                            ive also seen wink a few times. and each time i thought he was boring and boring.
                            too much bass and too many weird noises. not music imo.
                            glad to hear at least sasha rocked.
                            didnt he pull the same style show with lavelle in nyc recently?
                            totally agree, jib ... some josh wink tracks have been ok, but as a dj ... SNORE!

Comment

• undrgrndwmn
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

btw, off topic, jib ... I'm digging your sets that Id/l

sorry ... off topic

Comment

Working...