X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: A documentary to watch!!! BEATZ

I love that you are trying to help find this - If memory serves me, it was a solid pinkish colored cd with just the word "BEATZ" on the top half of the cd. That was it.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

Oh, it shall be found.

Comment

• Haziel
        Likes a finger upthere
        • Jan 2007

Checking this out.

Comment

• go0gle
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2007

This is indeed very good! Thanks for sharing!

The analog vs. digital aspect interests me the most since I hold a very extreme point of view on this... I think that eventually musical instruments will be completely replaced by digital sound simply because of the rapid development of the digital realm (computing power, software, etc.) in general..

The other thing they touched on was the length of the "modern" DJ sets these days. Yes, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they only have ~90min slots at the ever so popular EDM festivals, but I am noticing a trend overall.. I just don't think that the younger/upcoming DJs have the foundation or the experience to string a 5-6hrs set for a proper party. I dunno... maybe its just me, but I am afraid that we will loose that kind of journey like DJ set that you get from the.. let's just call them the "sasha generation" but you know which DJs I mean.

But yeah, the documentary is very well done..

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
            This is indeed very good! Thanks for sharing!

The analog vs. digital aspect interests me the most since I hold a very extreme point of view on this... I think that eventually musical instruments will be completely replaced by digital sound simply because of the rapid development of the digital realm (computing power, software, etc.) in general..

The other thing they touched on was the length of the "modern" DJ sets these days. Yes, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they only have ~90min slots at the ever so popular EDM festivals, but I am noticing a trend overall.. I just don't think that the younger/upcoming DJs have the foundation or the experience to string a 5-6hrs set for a proper party. I dunno... maybe its just me, but I am afraid that we will loose that kind of journey like DJ set that you get from the.. let's just call them the "sasha generation" but you know which DJs I mean.

But yeah, the documentary is very well done..
            Being a very early adopter of electronic music I would possibly have agreed with that until I walked into a music rehearsal at Trinity College in Cambridge a couple of months ago. It was one of the most spine tingling moments of my life , there were three of us all with very different in music and we were all just blown away !! The sounds you can pull from a musical instrument that is mellowed by hundreds of years is going to be very hard to replicate. I would like to think we will have the very best of both worlds. I said to the others, "this is why I hate MP3 !!"

So , so agree with you on the short sets thing !! The good Djs that are coming through aren't getting the opportunities to learn long set. They can't realise their full potential. It's so sad.
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• go0gle
              Platinum Poster
              • Jan 2007

^ I know.. I don't think we are nowhere near replicating most natural instrument sounds, but maybe in 40-60 years time we will have the tools to do so. In the meantime, yes..the best blend of both would be ideal.. in fact even if we do manage to replicate everything accurately, we could still enjoy the two type of sounds blended together! But it would be so much easier to do if these sounds become as accessible as digital is today.. : )

As far as the extended set art.. I really hope we don't loose it altogether post

Comment

• Hoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                Being a very early adopter of electronic music I would possibly have agreed with that until I walked into a music rehearsal at Trinity College in Cambridge a couple of months ago. It was one of the most spine tingling moments of my life , there were three of us all with very different in music and we were all just blown away !! The sounds you can pull from a musical instrument that is mellowed by hundreds of years is going to be very hard to replicate. I would like to think we will have the very best of both worlds. I said to the others, "this is why I hate MP3 !!"

So , so agree with you on the short sets thing !! The good Djs that are coming through aren't getting the opportunities to learn long set. They can't realise their full potential. It's so sad.

thats immense and makes my heart pufffffff
                because of the " The sounds you can pull from a musical instrument that is mellowed by hundreds of years "

can you tell a little more about that, the instrument wich was, and the whole rehearsal

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^ Not really , I don't think we were even supposed to be there. We walked into the back of the chapel and just froze . Just this incredible crystal clear beautiful music !! Part of it was the Nutcracker Suite. I did know the other bits we heard , but as usual I forget names .
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• klangfabrik
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2009

you guys should watch this one as well

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005