X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Inspiring

Just because people disagree with you or know how to communicate in less than paragraphs does not make them trolls .
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
      I'm inspired by so many things, but mostly I'd say strength, gratitude, change (something new), differences (anything different or not thought of before), those are the things that spark me the most.

On Saturday, we received a little note from one of our sponsored children in West Africa. It was just a short thank you for some miniscule money we went for his birthday. He said he got a new suit and a new pair of shoes with it and hoped we will like that and that he hopes to hear from us soon. It was just the sweetest, cutest thing to get in the mail. And the feeling I get immediately is being inspired to send more & do more, not to receive thanks (they don't have to say anything, I'd still do it), but just for the feeling of helping them. Last month, our other sponsored child there sent us a picture of himself holding a picture I'd sent him of our kids. He had that in one hand, a little notepad in his other hand, and a huge smile on his face. His letter said he was most excited about our picture. I can't even describe how inspired I felt seeing a pic of how happy he was.

I'm inspired by my friends who always have something new to show me or to think of differently -- and it can be anything really. Lately, I've been referring some of my friends to the little books Don Miguel Ruiz wrote, just for some new positive thoughts/perspectives, which I think everyone could use now & then. I can't always do what he advises, I don't think anyone really can, but it's just inspiring to try do better at least. I have the whole series, you've probably heard of the Four Agreements, but another one of them is below.

I also find those who let people just be who they are, whatever they're feeling at any given moment, inspiring. I guess I was told what/how to feel a lot as a kid and that just doesn't work, doesn't feel good & doesn't promote growth. Later, I started meeting people who said "You feel what you feel, it's never right or wrong, but always valid." and those kinds of people have helped me endure a lot. That 'lack of resistance' is inspiring to me because I find life challenging enough without bumping into controlling personalities.

well, my cat is literally purring on my keyboard & there's prob too much here for trolls, but who cares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11693[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11692[/ATTACH]
      That's just great to read, thanks for sharing, i know you would probably have rather kept it private, but it is one of those things that when you read, or rather, when "I" read, I just kind of feel my whole aura relax. "When you help someone somewhere, you help everyone everywhere." so true

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DIDI
        Just because people disagree with you or know how to communicate in less than paragraphs does not make them trolls .
        I agree. I thought trolls meant those who keep posting after you with hate & anger. No? (Believe me, I wish I could be more concise Didi.)
        Last edited by KiwiTollway; August 4, 2014, 09:56:50 PM. Reason: to be more concise... grrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange
          That's just great to ready, thanks for sharing, i know you would probably have rather kept it private, but it is one of those things that when you read, or rather, when "I" read, I just kind of feel my whole aura relax. "When you help someone somewhere, you help everyone everywhere." so true
          Yeah! And then you had to go quote the whole thing.
          j/k... thanks

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

Comebacks have always inspired me specially in sports, one recent one was Peyton manning making a comeback after a nasty injury near the end of his career and being relegated from the colts. He got to play the Super Bowl with the broncos and his performance was outstanding throughout the whole season.

Also the power of music and what it can do to people, just like in this video.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
              I agree. I thought trolls meant those who keep posting after you with hate & anger. No? (Believe me, I wish I could me more concise Didi.)
              Sad that you see everything that way.

Just a tip to people who do long posts and then edit afterwards. If I am planning on doing that I do it off the internet first and then when I have been through it and said what I want and corrected the spelling hopefully. Then I post it. Or sometimes not !!
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2014

shit....

I'm in the middle of doing something else and didn't reread it first.
                over & out

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

^yah, since my response was on a new page I figured it needed quoting.

---------------

Thanks mate, this video is amazing. I've been meaning to send it to a few people and had forgotten.

Originally posted by Haziel
                  Comebacks have always inspired me specially in sports, one recent one was Peyton manning making a comeback after a nasty injury near the end of his career and being relegated from the colts. He got to play the Super Bowl with the broncos and his performance was outstanding throughout the whole season.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    ^yah, since my response was on a new page I figured it needed quoting.
                    so that's how it's done, I didn't know. I thought you just enjoyed increasing my so-mortified factor .
                    many things to learn/remember 'round here.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

That is one of the sweetest/greatest videos I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it!!

Comment

• Zover
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

I would have thought Mark David Chapman or John Hinkley Jr would have been more your bag Hazel.

Comment

• nelinho
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Sep 2011

entertaining the thought of the moment you are about to bust a nut on some hot girls face.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Man Who Saved 669 Kids From Nazis Turns 105, Gets Beautiful Birthday Honor

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2014

^^ that gave me chills. SO amazing. A testament of how one person's efforts can ripple out to thousands; truly inspiring, I agree! And what a long life he's having!

Comment

• nelinho
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Sep 2011

seeing people in worse situations than me and grinding away/excelling in what they are doing....maybe listening to a nice track (to one day produce a track) or seeing some nice football (soccer) skill....

That's about it..I seldom get inspired in everyday, if I do the wave of enthusiasm doesn't last long anyway...

YOLO!!!

Comment

Working...