penalties for driving without one ? and he's introduced a bill to exempt
    them.

Sen. Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, a long-time proponent of driver's
    licences for illegal aliens, once claimed on a Spanish-language radio
    station that he and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger were working together to
    craft a driver's license bill, despite the fact that the governor had
    campaigned on a platform of denying the documents to those unlawfully in
    the U.S. Schwarzenegger vetoed Cedillo's bill under political pressure,
    so the senator crafted a measure to circumvent California's ban.

Under present California law, police have the option of impounding the
    vehicle of a motorist caught driving without a license. Cedillo's SB 591
    would exempt those whose status as illegal aliens prevent them from
    having a license.

Serious driving offenses like drunk driving are what police should be
    concentrating on, Cedillo said, "not towing people's cars who are taking
    their citizen kids to school, church or the supermarket. It's just a bad
    policy and it doesn't make sense."

Mike Spence, president of the California Republican Assembly, a
    conservative political activist group, decried the bill's "double
    standard."

"If you're a citizen and you break one law, your car will be impounded
    for 30 days. If you're already breaking another law and you break this
    law, you get away with it free. It's a 'Get-your-car-out-of-impound-free
    card' for illegal aliens, and it's wrong," Spence told the L.A. Daily
    News.

There's no reason for illegal aliens to drive without a license, notes
    Lt. Steven Allen of the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division. Officers are
    required to accept valid licenses from other countries, even if the
    driver is in the U.S. illegally. California's impounding provision is
    useful for getting unlicensed driver's off the street, he adds.

"I probably get more complaints about this very issue from people who are
    involved in traffic accidents than any other issue," Allen said. "(They
    say) here I am in this country legally and I have a driver's license and
    I get rear-ended by someone who has no license, who is here illegally and
    has no insurance. How am I ever going to get money for the damage to my
    car?"

Allen estimates that his division impounds 80 to 120 vehicles each time
    it sets up a license checkpoint.

While the federal Real ID Act, presently before Congress, would deny
    standard licenses to illegal aliens, states would still be able to issue
    separate documents permitting illegals to drive. SB 591 remains on hold,
    pending the federal bill's final outcome, but Cedillo sees it as a backup
    if California still refuses to extend driving privileges to illegal
    aliens.
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: illegal aliens

then who's gonna do all the dirty work? god fuck off.
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

one thing about illegal immigrants, if they come here, im cool with that, but is it that hard to make a phone call and apply for citizenship. it only takes a little while and, speaking as a CPA , they really should be paying taxes if they are going to benifit from being here and using the public systems we pay for.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• fishingnut
        Addiction started
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
        one thing about illegal immigrants, if they come here, im cool with that, but is it that hard to make a phone call and apply for citizenship. it only takes a little while and, speaking as a CPA , they really should be paying taxes if they are going to benifit from being here and using the public systems we pay for.
        is it really that easy to become a citizen?
        Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

to be honest, its really not that hard. you need a sponsor and have to file about a dozen applications over the course of 3 months. not really time consuming. rather easy. we help arrange these for our clients' laborers quite often. seriously. not that hard.

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

to be honest, its really not that hard. you need a sponsor and have to file about a dozen applications over the course of 3 months. not really time consuming. rather easy. we help arrange these for our clients' laborers quite often. seriously. not that hard.
            ummm that information is grossly inaccurate dude..... its a freaking NIGHTMARE to apply for residency (a.k.a Green Card), getting you Citizenship is a mission to mars....

the process of naturalization not only takes forever, legal fees are SKY HIGH. Average cost for applying for your Green Card is $5500 - $6000 which an illegal alien will more than likely skip on.

Additionally, you cannot just apply for a green card.... you have to naturalize from a work visa (H1-B) to a Permanent Resident. Unless a relative applies for your Residency, then in any event you cant enter the country if you dont have your documents and naturalization via family sponsorship takes a minimum of 8 years.

On the other hand, if someone was to apply for their work permit, dont you think domestic employment would have been easier. But thats not the case, since even applying for an H1 (work visa), the employer has to pay a certain minimum and sponsor the trip back home for the international in the event he is laid off. Its much easier to just higher them as illegals. Its cheaper and they are willing to work longer hours for no insurance or retirement benefits (if they stick on that long).

So yea, the US Employer (who hires illegal aliens) has a shit load of benefits in hiring such illegals. If the demand wasn't there, there probably wouldn't have been an infiltration to begin with. You cant really blame the illegal aliens for risking life and limb to make it across the border because they will more than likely get employed and make shit load more over here.

-e-
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thesightless
              • Jun 2004

the NYS Dept of Labor can get you a HB-1 and Permanent Residency rather quickly. 3 months is quickest i have seen. i'll ask the boss when i see him.

i guess things speed up when you have a labor union backing you.

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

the NYS Dept of Labor can get you a HB-1 and Permanent Residency rather quickly. 3 months is quickest i have seen. i'll ask the boss when i see him.

i guess things speed up when you have a labor union backing you.
                well its not the time frame that I'm refering to, I'm talking about actually getting your H1-B, I know people who have had masters and phd's and they've gone through their share of headaches....its not as simple as you propose.....

Not 3 months, you can actually even apply for premium processing and get a response within 2 working weeks by paying $1500 extra, but that still doesnt mean you will be accepted, you will simply receive a YES or a NO in that time frame.

As for Labor Union, those aren't for internationals. INS regulations require you to PROVE via documents that the employer in fact has done his due dligence in looking for an American Employee for the position he is trying to fill and it is due to the inability of the employer to hire and employ an individual within the time frame and for the position that he is forced to look externally for employment. If the INS even feels that the position / Degree of the applicant dont match, they will reject the application leaving 2 weeks for the international (if he is on US soil) to leave the country.

I truly wish it were as easy as you think.... it would make life for us internationals a lot simpler....

-e-
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

as far as a i know, in NYS, a union can employ an illegal immigrant as long as they start to pursue an application, and the unions can sheild that employee for as long as they employ them. i have a client who is a Sign hanger in NYC and they did this for a guy named Fausto they had working for them.

maybe the labor laws in defferent states allow for the HB-1 to permanent citizen transfer to be done diferently, but i could be wrong, labor law isnt my thing.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

as far as a i know, in NYS, a union can employ an illegal immigrant as long as they start to pursue an application, and the unions can sheild that employee for as long as they employ them. i have a client who is a Sign hanger in NYC and they did this for a guy named Fausto they had working for them.

maybe the labor laws in defferent states allow for the HB-1 to permanent citizen transfer to be done diferently, but i could be wrong, labor law isnt my thing.
                    I have personally never heard of such a thing, in this day and age, if you are caught without status on US soil, you are out... PERIOD.... Case and Point - Elian Gonzales (or whatever that kids name was).

You cant shield anyone from anything if the INS finds out you're an illegal. And as far as I know, international employment in ANY state is subject to federal regulations and is not state dependant. The only place where the state plays any role is confirming that there exists a requirement for the applied position and provide information on the prevailing wage rate to prove to the INS that the international is being paid as per the existing standards - that's probably where the Labor Unions play the greatest role.

In Fausto's case, it could be that he is already in the country on a valid visa other than a work permit (i.e. a travel visa or a dependant visa where the spouse is holding a valid work visa). Post 9/11, it is nearly impossible to file any sort of visa for an individual and show that the applicant is currently living illegaly in the United States. You will have the INS knocking on Fausto's door faster than he can say INS.

Mind you an illegal alien is different from being illegaly employed. You could be here on a different valid visa and apply for employment but I have NEVER heard of anyone being in the country completely illegally and applying for residency - other than the time in 2000 to early 2001 where US goverment had given illegal aliens living and working in the country for more than a certain duration (I think 5 years) to apply for residency.

And finally on Labor Law, it isnt really my specialty either, but I worked as an account manager / tech recruiter placing several dozen programmers for a shit load of tech / financial firms while in Massachusettes and in addition to being an international myself, I have learnt a thing or two about international employment regulations.

-e-
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Neil Hamburger
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Apr 2005

I will forward all appropriate information to my el presidente.
                      It's NEEEEEEIIIIILLLLLLLL HAAMMMMBUUURRRGGGERRR!

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by Neil Hamburger
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Hos
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Neil Hamburger
                          hello manboy
                          black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• jabondan
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

1) Get a Good Lawyer. Big companies have excellent legal advice that can speed up the process of the Working Visa. Some of them know Immigration Offices around the Country that are better on especific cases. I am sure that the " masters and Phd's" file their paper with a shity lawyer. Pay the cash, for my case I spend at least $9000 only on the Working Visa, but I never had a problem and the things went smoothlly througout the process.

2) Work, Invest and Pay Taxes. Here in the States they know everything; your credit report, were you have your money, how much you have, and basiclly if you are a "good or bad citizen", whatever that means. Try to invest, pay you taxes, show the Citizens that you're actullay improving their country by having your presence.

After only 3 years I got the green card, for my family also; I give a lot of credit to my lawyer ( after $15000 in legal office that was the least that he can do); but I also give credit to myself, I have invested a lot of money in my new community and I have paid taxes for every penny that I have earned.

Comment

Working...