• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Kinetic
    Yeah, I saw them on that Divison Bell tour.

Fucking amazing...I?ll never forget when they got to that final solo on Confortably Numb, all the lights in the stadium went down, and from a huge tent in the middle of the field, out came a gigantic mirror ball...the whole stadium was dark, lit only by the reflections from the mirror ball...

It was like an enormous disco...but the sound was that MONSTROUS solo from Confortably Numb.

Pink Floyd are single-handedly responsible for my love of music. I own all their records on vinyl, and there was a point when people thought I was weird because I only bought Pink Floyd records, VHS tapes...whatever, and listened only to Pink Floyd.

I can?t believe most people don?t put them on the same pedestal as the Beatles or the Stones.
    unless they had a similar ending (dont remember the track), this sounds like the end to Live in Pompeii too

-e-
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

^^^

Really? That video is probably the only major Floyd release that I?ve never seen. But I think it?s from the beginning of the70?s, right? CN only appeared on The Wall, in 79, so maybe they just rehashed that idea.
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

kinetic, the video you speak of with the extended comfortably numb solo and then the "run like hell"" intro is Pulse, live from King Earles Court. Amzing video,
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kinetic
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^^^

Slight language problem on my part here, I think.

I meant to say I saw that Pulse tour live here in Lisbon (for the Division Bell album), so it?s the same as that Earl?s Court sequence, but I never saw the Live In Pompeii video, which is pretty old, I think.
          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• wookiemofo
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

you guys should check out Nick Masons new book, inside out. amazing read

Comment

• rewing3
              I really don't care
              • Jun 2004

If anyone still wants the live in pompeii concert. I found my copy of it. Its the same concert as the dvd. The sound qualtity is excellent and i can rip it to 192 kbps for anyone then yousendit to you. PM if anyone is interested.
              Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

For you big time Floyd Fans I would like to recommend a book called

" A Saucerfull of Secrets" - It is an excellent biography about this very quiet secretive band.....pretty much goes through there history and is very very interseting...especially the SYD barret story

one more thing, I listened to piper at the gates of dawn...what a f*ckin brilliant peice of work...talk about progressive - that is it in its rawest form

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by thesightless
                  kinetic, the video you speak of with the extended comfortably numb solo and then the "run like hell"" intro is Pulse, live from King Earles Court. Amzing video,
                  does anyone have this video to share ???

-e-
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...