X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Progressive lenses

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Having just picked up my new glasses for computer work, haven't had a new prescription for 4 years, everything is clear & good, except my computer screen now looks slanted at the bottom, like it's falling down a left-sided slant. The left side of the screen is longer than the right. ugh I went over to the sink and it's the same thing, it looks like it's falling down the left side. I only notice it for things rectangular, except a moment ago, I was standing & looked down to the ground and had the sensation I was on a hill, the ground is dropping down around me quite a bit on the left also.

I called the lens place that made them and they said it will take a couple of weeks for my brain to get used to the new lenses & the slant will go away. Is that right or is my prescription wrong or my frames made wrong? They are progressives lenses without glare.

Anyone know if this sensation/vision will level out with time? I googled it and some said yes, others said no. Some said the axis change is too severe, another said the prism isn't in the right place. When I look straight out, all is fine and if I look mainly out the right side, all looks normal. But as soon as I open my left eye, I'm falling to the left, my table is crooked, everything is slanted visually & disorienting.

Thanks!!

• floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Progressive lenses

I would take it to a different company and ask them, but don't let on right away as to who you bought them from. Kind of act like they made them and see what they say.

I have zero experience in this dept.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

Thanks FL!! I'll call my eye DR tomorrow and see if she has the same advice -- to wait a week to 10 days and see if it goes away (my brain adjusts.) It's just so jarring to have my computer screen be an odd shape. and the lines aren't straight. From what I've read, there are worse distortions to deal with, this one is minor. But, it's troublesome.

Really should have gone back to the same lab I used before who made them perfectly for me 4 yrs ago. Instead, I went to the same company, but a lab closer to home. My prescription changed, an adjustment period makes sense. It's just very disorienting.

If it doesn't straighten out, I'll give the lab a chance to fix it or ask another company like you said.

Computers are very hard on eyes; computers & cell phones, worse.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2014

dr's office closed, bonus --sinus pressure & some dizziness. Adaptation in full force. Things are visually wonky.

Comment

Working...