• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJReality
    Addiction started
    • Feb 2005

SA043 Antti Rasi - In My Dreams We Are Numb EP

Beatport: In My Dreams We Are Numb [Sound Avenue] :: Beatport
    Soundcloud: Antti Rasi - In My Dreams We Are Numb EP [Sound Avenue] by Sound Avenue - Hear the world’s sounds

Written by Mitch Alexander:
    One of the more mysterious producers to come along in recent years has been Antti Rasi. The Finnish native began his career on Sasse's Moodmusic imprint in 2013 when he remixed Jack The Box. Two important additions to Antti's discography would soon follow with remix productions for the Belgian conglomerates Sound Avenue and 3rd Avenue. In a unique career which has been made up solely of remix productions we now see Sound Avenue welcoming Antti back to the label for his first original EP entitled 'In My Dreams We Are Numb'.
    Antti's ability to create something incredibly catchy has never been in question but he has truly outdone himself with this debut EP. The showcase piece 'In My Dreams We Are Numb' boasts a meticulously crafted groove adorned with irresistible guitars strums and digitized vocal hooks. This cohesive fusion of harmonic elements provides the ultimate rhythmic complement and pushes the tracks playful energy towards the main break. In an emotionally charged interlude further vocal modulation and warm chord changes supply what is sure to be a thrilling moment on the dance floor.
    The Finnish producer's unique character of sound is further explored on the second selection 'Predicting' . Perhaps the EPs most emotional piece it begins with a similarly catchy groove comprised of two distinct themes which interlock in wondrous musical unison. As momentum builds a soft underlying tension develops with rising harmonic structures and fuzzy tones carrying the track into its second act. It's grinding underbelly of tonal textures soon reaches a climax as an exhilarating rush of warm electronics descend over the groove for a breathtaking conclusion.
    The third and final selection 'Sorry Mommy, I Dropped Your Acid' finds Antti exploring a more abstract constitute of his studio repertoire. Carried by a sax-like lead, wonky bass swells and a gorgeous complement of gleaming melody it rounds out what is one of Sound Avenue's most musically inspired releases to date. A once relative unknown Antti Rasi is an undiscovered gem no more. Brilliant work from a future star.
    Mastered by Travis MacDonald

HERNAN CATTANEO
    support (Predicting)
    MY FAVORITE ROBOT
    Predicting is really nice thanks
    OLIVER SCHORIES
    Nice one. Thx
    TERRY GRANT
    Really inventive production. Love that. "Predicting" is the one for me.
    PAUL HAZENDONK
    Musically I'm attracted to 'Dropped Your Acid' the most. Well done
    RANDALL JONES
    First two tracks are dancefloor bombs. Gonna def rotate
    these on my current tour of Asia and beyond.
    CHATY & TAMEZ
    Sorry Mommy, I Dropped Your Acid is on my personal playlist really pleasent listen
    CID INC
    very good ep from Antti, support!
    BILL PATRICK
    This is so much fun ! thoughtful . sensitive . different.
    Predicting has a great old school Hardkiss vibe . which I love
    LEMON8 / HARRY LEMON
    Very nice! Sounds original, good groove. Nice production. Support.
    CHRIS FORTIER
    good
    LIZ CIRELLI
    This is fabulous!
    DOUSK
    Predicting is good,thanks!
    TINI TUN
    Cool release. Thanks!
    DENIS A
    Nice!
    PETER MARTIN
    outstanding, straight into my sets, what a vibe here.
    http://soundcloud.com/madloch
    www.facebook.com/madlochmusic
    www.facebook.com/soundavenue

6h-set from Sound Avenue Labelnight
Working...