• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: Happy Star Wars III Day

I think he cried because of how poorly the movie was directed. =/
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• sacredawe78
      Getting Somewhere
      • Aug 2004

the movie absolutley kicked ass...loved every second of it

much better than episodes 1 and 2...

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Localizer
        I think he cried because of how poorly the movie was directed. =/
        Seriously man, please elaborate on what these poor points are for me, cause I didn't see many.

I just got home from seeing it and I'm just going to come out and say it.....it's the best Star Wars movie ever. You are talking to a tried and true, obsessed since I can remember Star Wars fan, so I feel I have a pretty good sense of what it is all about....and that was what it is all about. I really can't elaborate too much because my head is still kinda spinning, but it ruled!!!!!!

Comment

• MJDub
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Agreed evangelion.

A little nugget of info: I just watched the Return of the Jedi DVD and they managed to throw in Hayden Christensen as Anakin next to Yoda and Obi-Wan when they appear at the end. Interesting touch.
          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• evangelion
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Really??!!! You have no idea the things that ran thru my head when I was a kid when I saw the spirt of Anakin Skywalker at the end of Return of the Jedi!!! I always imagned what he was like...he was Darth Vader before he beacame Darth Vader, ya know!!! Well, now I know. And that makes this new trilogy stand on its own, no matter what all the haters say.

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

So instead of this guy...

They changed it to this on the DVD.

Interesting way to tie together the two trilogies.
              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• minneec
                Getting warmed up
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                So instead of this guy...

They changed it to this on the DVD.

Interesting way to tie together the two trilogies.
                did they really do this? wow
                anyway, thought the movie was horrible in terms of directing and acting, well at least the intimate scenes, but overall the story was powerful enough to make you forget all of that. the fall of anikan was something we all knew about, but the details put into making it happen was tragic, as it was supposed to be. and for all those hating on the series, it's part of what the lot of us grew up with. nostalgia, the completion of a story told, this is what this new trilogy means. for that lucas did a great job.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

exactly ^ it seems the people that are die hard fans are missing the point that yes, the storyline was good, but, the acting was too poor and the dialogue was very dry....i think everyone is just blinded by the fact that they now know how vader came to be, thus why it's considered a "great" movie. But coming from theatrical aspects, it's poorly done in the sense of having a good script and involved acting. They didn't need to try because it was already known that the people just wanted to find out how vader came to be....
                  Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• remoh
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

changing old anakin for new anakin is kinda pointless. they should change old ben for young ben then!! ...the acting was poor simply because of hayden c. ..he is terrible ..... the movie was really good IMO at one point i thought it was probably the best out of the six....
                    [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• il manzo
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Seen it.
                      What a bore.

Comment

• ANUBIS
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

Saw it saturday.... wicked

they should have have stretched out episode 3

you could easily have used it to make episode 1 & 2

they had so much going on in E 3 ... dark..... gritty....

the way it should be....

will have to see a few times ...

rick

Comment

• bancito
                          Addiction started
                          • May 2005

great movie!

"now the circle is complete"

Comment

Working...