X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • influx
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: visuals: what do you like to see?

palmer... some vj's run a all hardware setup which usually includes atleast two dvd players and a video mixer. the content on the dvd's is pre-compiled by the vj and cut up and effected live... which is definitely the way to go. at the wmc, i saw some dope ass visuals at this party at teasers.. which was put on by sullivan room out of new york i think... he was using a setup like above but also had a laptop. the alternative is to run everything software based. there are a number of great programs out there (arkaos, resolume, etc.) however a lot of people have stability problems... usually from having clips encoded by a large assortment of different codecs... and after a while they somehow conflict and your shit just crashes... which suuucks live... hardware based is the way to go.
    i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

I like to see some nice totty and empty spaces at the bar !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• nbpgt
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i saw this dude play alice in wonderland & had some sort of crontraption that fed the visual signal back into itself causing this fading image.. & he played with the speed, contrast, color, negative image of the video. especially cool when she was talkin to the smokin catepillar.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Pioneer DVJ's.. get a couple. only what? $4400.00 each.

Comment

Working...