X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go0gle
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2007

Seth Troxler

Going to see him for the first time on Friday .. not sure what to expect since I haven't heard a set from him in a very long time..

Any recommendations and what to expect in general ?

• benda
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Re: Seth Troxler

He's one of those polarising characters who people either love or hate. Personally I really like the guy. I think he's switched on musically and I admire the fact that he's got plenty of other things going on – like his BBQ place in London.

But, that said, I went and saw him in November and I'm sorry to say that I walked out half way though! The set was very messy and all over the place. It seemed like he was trying too hard. It may have also been a reflection of the crowd there - a younger and very drunk group who were up for more of a party vibe rather than a musical journey. Had I been more inebriated then maybe I would have enjoyed it more and been less bothered about it.

Don't get me wrong – if he turned up here next month I'd go and see him again because I do think he's capable of some great sets. I saw him five years ago and he was brilliant.

Comment

• Krystyan
      Platinum Poster
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by benda
      The set was very messy and all over the place. It seemed like he was trying too hard.
      I got the same impression when I saw him!
      https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

chances are because he was fucking hammered. I think he tends to do that. but I do really enjoy his sets most of the time too. very charismatic. and when he's on point, it's a treat!
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

He goes through very intense phases which affects his djing, to me the best time to catch Seth is when he hasn't been touring a lot and he just got out of the studio (which btw it has been quite a while)

Seth reflects the product of a dj that tours too much and has an overindulgent lifestyle, So don't expect him to be as good as many years ago. Right now he basically just plays promos and some vinyl records that he occasionally picks from cities he visits and then tries to make it work somehow.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Krystyan
            I got the same impression when I saw him!
            Yeah, i've seen one like that as well. But apparently friends who saw him a few weeks ago where he played a really extended set thought he was brilliant.

Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• go0gle
              Platinum Poster
              • Jan 2007

Thanks all! So more on the hit or miss side then... hopefully we get a good party.. that venue usually attracts a good crowd and they have a F1 sound system so that's a good place to start

I will report back tomorrow

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

have fun, bud!
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

How was it bruh

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• go0gle
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2007

ya I think we definitely got a hit on this one I had a blast! he has very unique style indeed...

I have a few more vids and more thoughts but I will try to post a bit later or tomorrow.

I only have this one so far

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

Thanks - look fwd to checking them all out, glad to hear he was on point

Comment

• go0gle
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2007

When I was there I had a perfect little summary in my head and it made a lot of sense but it all kind of faded away in past few days lol

I think they main thing for me was that his style doesn't portray a journey like experience like you would get from Sasha/Warren/Cattaneo/Digweed but a really fun/cheerful/joyful party vibe. At times I almost felt like I was at a pool party somewhere hah..

A lot of the tracks didn't really sound like they belonged together, but it didn't really matter.. that would normally really bug me but when the music is this good it didn't at all.. still mentally engaging and very dancy

If I had to draw a comparison to someone that I've heard live it would be Lee Burridge, but its still far fetched..it just kind of had that same vibe.

Around 3am I went upstairs and got a shot of him at work.. beautiful track as well

this is from 330ish

and then...

what more can one ask for ?

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

nice sounds damn ^ - i would have loved that set. wondering what the name of the track at 17 mins is on the 2nd video.

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
                            When I was there I had a perfect little summary in my head and it made a lot of sense but it all kind of faded away in past few days lol

I think they main thing for me was that his style doesn't portray a journey like experience like you would get from Sasha/Warren/Cattaneo/Digweed but a really fun/cheerful/joyful party vibe. At times I almost felt like I was at a pool party somewhere hah..

A lot of the tracks didn't really sound like they belonged together, but it didn't really matter.. that would normally really bug me but when the music is this good it didn't at all.. still mentally engaging and very dancy

If I had to draw a comparison to someone that I've heard live it would be Lee Burridge, but its still far fetched..it just kind of had that same vibe.

Around 3am I went upstairs and got a shot of him at work.. beautiful track as well

this is from 330ish

and then...

what more can one ask for ?
                            You know that actually makes a lot of sense !! Glad you had such a great time !! Lovely remix of London Grammar. !!
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2014

cool videos go0gle... thanks for sharing those!

now a new fan here

is there a set list published somewhere?

Comment

Working...