Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.15)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lord lucan
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2006

Re: Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.

Originally posted by ichiban1920
    I don't get it.
    Clearly

Comment

• unkle
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Mar 2007

Re: Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.

This ......

Originally posted by Matt Black

for me he started going downhill around 2005 with all that Ableton bollocks,
      had a bit of a revival around 2010 but since then most of his live sets have been dull

That fucking software.

And all the minimal-techno and tech-house
      that he started to play with that, was the end
      of an era. in general was a bad period
      when many djs started changing their sound to that stupid trendy.

Comment

• mades
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2008

So, people here complaining Sasha or Digweed play techno? That they didnt have anything good since 2001 (or 2005) ? You have such a short memory. There have been plenty of good sets from both of them even after 2005 (think of Sasha's Sky Club 2008 or Diggers Beirut set).

Comment

• Zover
          Banned
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by mades
          So, people here complaining Sasha or Digweed play techno? That they didnt have anything good since 2001 (or 2005) ? You have such a short memory. There have been plenty of good sets from both of them even after 2005 (think of Sasha's Sky Club 2008 or Diggers Beirut set).
          The Sky club set was Ok, but it was no Simon's, Zen or Triple J.

Comment

• model1974
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2008

Agree with everyone on this. Hate track 3 that starts around 12 mins and a couple of others, which back in the day you'd never say. The guy is not working his sets hard enough. Echo, re verb type effects are over used and irritating at times. He's extending silly bits from the ends of tracks for so long its ridiculous, a pointless exercise that doesn't enhance the next track at all.
            Given the technology out there its lazy dj'ing, especially for a guy with everything at his fingertips.

Comment

• model1974
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jul 2008

just a thought, but has there been a really decent set since he married his american bird? Saw her in london years back monitoring him and those around, looked pretty controlling

Comment

• gizze
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2010

I love that Tricky Disco track, I dug that out again after hearing this.
                I had that on vinyl, must have been 20 years ago, maybe closer to 25 years ago.
                Obviously that Martin Brothers remix came a lot later but I bet even that is 10 years old now.
                Think Zabiela played it on an essential mix in 2006/7?

Great track.

Shame about the others.
                My Soundcloud page...
                GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• salami
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2008

GET A LOAD OF THIS !!!!

https://soundcloud.com/last-night-on-earth

Comment

• go0gle
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2007

Sublime set... I hope he brings some of those records to San Francisco next month

Comment

• Zover
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by model1974
                      just a thought, but has there been a really decent set since he married his american bird? Saw her in london years back monitoring him and those around, looked pretty controlling
                      The odd bod quote of the week. LOL

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Matt Black
                        Have to agree with Lord Lucan here, I listen to his sets these days with little expectation as most of them have been pretty dull, his Melbourne set had its moments but this one just has nothing, no hook lines no real stand out tracks, maybe you had to be there to fully appreciate it
                        you didnt. It was bland for me and I was there
                        motherlover

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

just listened back to it. Just as I remember, first half was turgid, second half a little better. Lat 30 mins best overall.

One thing is for sure, Sasha aint a techno DJ
                          motherlover

Comment

• Hoff
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by model1974

jejejejejeje so good that

Comment

• jake1166
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Jan 2008

Don't hate the man cuz he has the ability to drop a great techno set outta no where! It's a bumpin' set that rivals Richie Hawtin. Keep on keep in' on SASHA!!

Comment

• Zover
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by mades
                                Yes we know, he posted it on his fb.
                                Expect a world exclusive about a 2 hour UMF mix shortly.

Comment

Working...