Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.15)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Re: Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.

They used to be MUCH blind love.
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Hoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Aug 2009

Re: Sasha @ Last Night On Earth Party, Blue Parrot - Playa del Carmen, Mexico (16.01.

easy chunky, you´re missing your white shit ?

these ones from that sasha gig seems to be your kind of boys

maybe you are also missing them

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Lol. "Kettle?" "Yes?" "You're black!"

Answer my pm's, Chris!! WTF.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• Zover
          Banned
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Hoff

easy chunky, you´re missing your white shit ?

these ones from that sasha gig seems to be your kind of boys

maybe you are also missing them

Sorry I don't like chicken.

Comment

• sbando
            Going back to Romford
            • Apr 2008

ANSWER my message.
            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• Matt Black
              Addiction started
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by gizze
              And that is a vicious circle as well, it is finding the tunes you think are absolute gems and getting exciting playing them to others that keeps you wanting to do it and keeps your sets exciting.
              When you are given tunes you probably think they're OK, but you don't get excited about them. so you just blend them together without much thought.

Sasha could take you on a proper journey, he managed to keep flow going for 3 hours and then completely change things around with a completely different feel, but you would still think, yeah that was spot on, no other track would have worked there as well as that did.

I listen to around 200 new releases every Sunday night, from those I narrow it down to around 30-50 in my carts, over the next few nights I play them and see what I think and tend to end up with around a dozen, enough to do an hour mix, maybe hour and a half.
              I do it for fun, he does it for a living and I bet he doesn't listen to as many new releases as many on here do.

Sometimes if I only get 10-15 tracks after the first listen on a Sunday night, I then don't play them back during the week as I don't need to narrow them down, I have enough there for a mix, those mixes are the ones I tend to never really be happy with, tracks that start great but just get boring after a minute or two, or not enough flow between them. That is the sort of sets I feel Sasha is doing at the moment.
              Thats because he has people to listen to his stuff and syphon out what they dont think hell like so he probably misses quite a lot because of this, i think in the early days he sourced his own tunes rather than had a stooge that did it for him and theres part of the problem, its like me picking 50 tunes for you and saying thats the best of whats out there, make your mixes from that
              Matt Black

https://www.facebook.com/djmattblack/
              Matt Black (@DJ_Matt_Black) | Twitter
              https://soundcloud.com/djmattblack

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

The Melbourne set (btw, were you there, Dermo?) has a few dodgy transitions, others out of tune. As people above have stated, it looks like he decides what to play on the spot.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by f0zzy
                  First time posting, so go easy yeah.

Although I do agree Ame/Dixon and the Innervisions label as a whole are doing some pretty groundbreaking and forward thinking stuff.
                  I don't see how Innervisions are that groundbreaking, they put out some good music, but having Ame on your roster helps. I'd say LNoE is equally diverse in it's output. IV is fashionable and bandwagon jumping.
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• cm1179
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Oct 2006

first tune is apparently sashas new one

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by f0zzy
                      First time posting, so go easy yeah.

Thought I'd hop on here as I was struggling to find any other decent forums centered around Sasha/Digweed and the likes.. Not that I'm saying this one is.

General consensus after reading this thread is that they're both 'past it' now in terms of producing quality sets like they apparently did pre 2000. Of course, I've heard all their compilations, as separate artists too, and the earlier stuff is amazing don't get me wrong.. but as someone else said, its not the 90s anymore and surely artists are running out of original things to do. Although I do agree Ame/Dixon and the Innervisions label as a whole are doing some pretty groundbreaking and forward thinking stuff.

I'm only 25, and have been into the scene perhaps 6years now properly. However these days I only go to perhaps 4/5 'nights' a year with the odd festival thrown in for good measure. There aren't many DJ's I enjoy seeing anymore, for numerous reasons, but Sasha and Digweed are 2 that I always go and see when they're playing in my hometown of Manchester.

All I'm saying is that yeah this set isn't his best, infact I did find it pretty boring and drawn out in places but generally speaking I enjoy his latest stuff just as much his early stuff and for the reason I still think Sasha is very, very relevant.

TLDR - I love Sasha even though this set was shit.
                      I would guess almost everyone here found the place because they like sasha and digweed. I would say Sasha is ok, but no longer cutting edge. Digweed on the other hand still leads his part of the scene imo
                      motherlover

Comment

• salami
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

Charlie May takes over the guestmix on Summit Sessions!
                        Saturday 14 March Tune in at
                        Saturo Sounds 2.0 is on Mixlr.

Comment

Working...