X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • being clever
    Getting Somewhere
    • Sep 2004

i almost lost my mind

I was watching Return of the Jedi chapter 21, when the Skywalker twins were chasing the storm troopers. At the turn of a scene, just after Luke and Leia's speeder went under a fallen tree, I heard a familiar noise. It was like a zoom then a slight screech. I hadn't watched Star Wars in a while, so I knew that this noise was sampled in a track somewhere.

Thus began the search, which didn't take long. I started off thinking it was Luke Fair's: "I wish," but it wasn't. I was then stuck for about 10 minutes panning through all the music my mind could muster with hopes to end this torture. Then, out of the fog, flashed Rabbit in the Moon's FLOORI.D.A. (Three A.M.'s Dub for Strangeways). 2 minutes and 25 seconds into it was the exact same noise. It wasn't masked or synthesized in the least.

I'm usually on the money with movie quotes found in music, but I've never been challenged with mere noises before. I just thought I'd share my near stroke experience. I only hope George Lucas doesn't file suit against David Christopher because I dropped the dime!
    "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: i almost lost my mind

Way to go dude. I know how mindnumbing it can be to try to figure out where you've heard this sound or that voice sample.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Hot damn, I had the same experience not 3 days ago. Although I wasn't annoyed enough to find that sound elsewhere. Good work young Jedi.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• esef
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

sometimes late at night, the alley cats sing to me.
        it was kinda weird at first, them knowing my name and all, but i figured it was from them reading my mail.

as luck would have it, they also know some of my favorite Sheena Easton tunes and are able to whip me into a frenzy with their delightful feline vocal. shit, those pussys hit high notes that mariah would be envious of.

so yeah dood, i totally know what you mean. you hear something out the corner of your eye, you stop, then think hard about the feeling, and then just need to run to the corner wearing last nights gym clothes and fucking tell them :

"i as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take it anymore!!!"

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• serbumax85
          Getting Somewhere
          • May 2005

may the force be with u
          max

Comment

• being clever
            Getting Somewhere
            • Sep 2004

I'm not sure if it's the force or an extreme need to get out more. And esef, I would kill those cats!
            "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

Working...