• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Transitions
    Transitions 545 ● John Digweed with a guest mix by Robert Babicz

https://soundcloud.com/wantstobethedj/transitions-545-john-digweed-2015-02-06

01. John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus jozif - Groove Del Verano (Maher Daniel Remix) [Bedrock Records | Promo]
    02. Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - Affects The Spirit [Audiomatique Recordings | AM63]
    03. Jimmy Van M & Maxim Lany - Escape Reality [King Street Sounds | KSS1515]
    04. Paul Stickman - Lazy B (Theme 001 EP) [SCI+TEC Digital Audio | TEC122]
    05. Martin Eyerer - Levels (Struktur Pt. 2) [Kling Klong | KLING098]
    06. Gregor Tresher - Stormblade [Bedrock | Beddigi59]
    07. Gregor Tresher - Goliath [Bedrock | Beddigi59]
    08. Tilt - 30 Hits Of Acid (King Unique Remix) [Pro-B-Tech Records | PBT029]
    09. Manuel Tur - Es Dub (John Daly Remix) [Freerange | FR199]

https://soundcloud.com/robbabicz/robert-babicz-transitions-2015-02-06

"my latest guest mix for john digweed transitions.... almost only babiczstyle releases inside.... most not released yet...."

[059] Robert Babicz - Mercury Bells (Dub) [Babiczstyle - 008]
    [064] ?
    [071] Robert Babicz - ID
    [078] Robert Babicz - ID
    [083] Robert Babicz - ID
    [088] Robert Babicz - Loli And The Snuggle [Babiczstyle - 008]
    [095] Robert Babicz - ID
    [102] Robert Babicz - ID
    [106] Robert Babicz Feat. B James - Centurion (Jody Wisternoff Remix)
    [112] Robert Babicz - Purple Bender [Babiczstyle - 008]
    [116] Robert Babicz - ID
    Last edited by sbando; February 7, 2015, 04:52:37 AM.
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚
  • niof
    Fresh Peossy
    • Oct 2005

Re: Transitions 545 ● John Digweed with a guest mix by Robert Babicz

[000] John Digweed & Nick Muir vs jozif - Groove Del Verano (ID Remix) [Bedrock]
    [007] Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - Affects The Spirit [Audiomatique - AM 63]
    [012] Jimmy Van M & Maxim Lany - Escape Reality
    [018] Escape - Just Escape (Justin Martin Remix)
    [023] Paul Stickman - Lazy B (Original Mix)
    [031] Martin Eyerer - ID [Kling Klong]
    [037] Gregor Tresher - Stormblade [Bedrock - BEDDIGI 59]
    [042] Gregor Tresher - Goliath [Bedrock - BEDDIGI 59]
    [049] ?
    [054] Manuel Tur - Agrafena (Aera Remix) [Freerange - FRD 199

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Hour 1: John Digweed

01. John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus jozif - Groove Del Verano (Maher Daniel Remix) [Bedrock Records | Promo]
      02. Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - Affects The Spirit [Audiomatique Recordings | AM63]

Release Notes:

Taken from the excellent Versus collaboration with XOYO Bedrock resident and WMC boat crew member jozif, 'Groove Del Verano' get the Maher Daniel treatment.

Limited release info at present.

Release Date: tba

02. Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - Affects The Spirit (Original Mix) [Audiomatique Recordings | AM63]

Berlin lynchpins Jacob Phono and Jens Bond continue a fine run of collaborative EPs on Steve Bug's ever-reliable Audiomatique imprint. Deadly deep, dark and detailed, all 3 tracks are intense, club-ready excursions along the border between house and techno.

Release Date: 26 January 2015

Track from fellow Ghent born producers on NYC label King Street Sounds founded by Hisa Ishioka in 1993. King Street Sounds has established itself as one of the oldest and most respected independent dance music labels in NYC.

Release Date: tba

SCI+TEC are renowned for promoting new musical talent and giving a platform to many young and aspiring artists. Today though the label award a debut to a producer who is making a comeback, having stepped away from music for many years. Paul Stickman, in his own words, was lucky. Lucky to have witnessed the birth of house music in the 1980's.

"I was mesmerised as soon as i experienced it at the legendary Twilight Zone in Toronto". Already honing his DJ skills playing Hip-Hop and 'real' electro, it wasn't long before Paul was buying 4/4 and making his own beats on early drum machines. In '92 he launched Stickman Records and Aquarius Recordings and went on to release an archive of releases and remixes. Now working as a solo artist and Nick Theos as Hill Bros.

After a long absence from the scene and having rekindled his love for making beats, Paul reached out to Dubfire, who he'd known since the early days of Deep Dish, with a collection of new material… Theme 001 was born.

"I just want to make stuff I like and that I think is different sounding, raw, and take some risks. For example like no kick drum in Theme 001. Like a lot of other artist I just hope some people 'get it’.”

Release Date: 15 January 2015

Kling Klong founder Martin Eyerer just finished his third longplayer and is proud to present the three more tracks from his forthcoming third album 'Structur' showing his versatile style and glamorous production skills.

Release Date: 20 March 2015 (Vinyl)

Gregor Tresher kicks off 2015 looking to break new soil with his first ever full release for John Digweed's Bedrock Records. Last year was as hectic as ever for the Gregor and he came into it on high from the success of his artist album Nightcolours and having closed out 2013 by releasing an astonishing Laurent Garnier remix of the title track, on his own imprint. Time to relax a little maybe? Not a chance.

January saw the remixed version of the album hit the stores and this was backed within a few weeks by 'Taurus', Gregor's enticing collaboration with Petar Dundov. The summer saw him remix the Chymera classic 'Shadowdancer' and he closed 2014 with the superb 'Midas / Disturber' double-header.

Somewhat of a musical chameleon, Tresher is as at home creating deeper shades of house for the likes of Moon Harbour and Ovum as he is techno rhythms for Music Man, Cocoon and Systematic. With label boss Digweed a huge fan, Bedrock is yet another perfect fit for the German and he opens his account with the mighty, melodic and Kraken'esque 'Goliath' and the razor-sharp lightning bolt that is 'Stormblade'.

Release Date: 26 January 2015

Getting support from DJs across the board on this including Danny Tenaglia, Dubfire, John Digweed, Richie Hawtin, Sasha and Steve Lawler.

This is one of the standout tracks of Tilt’s ‘Resonator’ album, co-written with founding LFO member Gez Varley. Between my being asked to do the remix & getting started on it the other half of LFO, Mark Bell, died suddenly. I decided to abandon the approach I’d planned for the remix & do something that tried to capture the freedom & limitless psychedelic possibility that dance music had when it first exploded into a multiplicity of new styles in the UK, a moment captured perfectly in time by LFO ‘LFO’. This is how dance music felt to me in the summer of ‘92 lying in a Welsh field at an illegal traveller’s rave. King Unique.

Release Date: 16 February 2015

[Change-Underground Review]

One of the best albums of 2014 was undoubtedly Tilt’s ‘Resonator’. Released on Pro-B-Tech Records in early November the 10 track collection featured collaborations with Silinder, Sam Mollison, Kastis Torrau & Arnas D, Dominiqe Atkins, G-Man, Namespace and Natasha Cadman. If memory serves it made it all the way to #2 in the Beatport Progressive House chart and also earned a feature on the sites prestigious front page. The warped and druggy grooves of ’30 Hits of Acid’ was one of the albums most unique pieces. Featuring the vocals of G-Man it’s tripped out funk delighted clubbers all through the latter part of autumn and early winter seasons. Now for Pro-B-Tech’s second release of 2015 we see brand new interpretations of ’30 Hits’ from Quivver and King Unique.

John Graham aka Quivver had a great year in 2014. The Uk born but currently US based produced closed the year out with an appearance on John Digweed’s ‘Live in Toronto’ mix compilation released on Bedrock Records. The year was also highlighted by John’s ‘Finally’ single which relaunched his Boz Boz imprint that had been silent for over four years. This marks John’s second appearance on Pro-B-Tech and he’s worked his groove magic once again on ’30 Hits’. It’s one of John’s most deep and dramatic studio creations to date in fact; led by an array of clever beats, haunting vocal elements and sinister rhythms it’s an engaging production right from the start. As it’s beastly presence grows panning acid lines lead the track into the break where the sample storyboard takes over. Sure to be a magic club moment the detailed beats then thunder back in for a rousing finish that’s sure to be a delight for all the educated dance floors out there. A deep and fascinating production from Quivver.

The second and final interpretation of ’30 Hits of Acid’ is provided by Matt Thomas aka King Unique who is making his first appearance on Pro-B-Tech Records. The storied UK producer had one of the best years on record in 2014. Following a resurgence of sorts which began in late 2013 King Unique delivered the Beatport #1 ‘Some Break The Shell EP’ in April and followed that up with two incredible remixes for Bedrock; the latter of which an Xpander-esque take on Guy J’s ‘Candyland’ which dominated the Beatport techno charts all through the Christmas season. With 2015 now a month in that momentum continues to rise as just last week we were graced with Matt’s gorgeous take on Sotela & Javier Portilla ft. Emalaine ‘Your Eyes’ released courtesy of the Costa Rican imprint Moonchild Records. King Unique’s take on ’30 Hits’ is already making waves in the underground; John Digweed has been the first to lend his support and video evidence has been circulating all this week. Rough, rugged and tripped out in all the right ways I think this ranks right up there with King Unique’s most inspired work. Layers of offset beats along with a subterranean foundation make for a rib crushing groove and the alert-like stabs prove to be the ultimate hooks. Smashing interpretation from King Unique which rounds out a top notch remix EP from Pro-B-Tech Records. Do Not Miss!

Massive remix package alert!!

Whilst randomly flicking through his Itunes library Manuel Tur hit upon a selection of remixes that have been made of his music over the years and realized that, as well as many of them having gone criminally under the radar, many are absolutely solid gold and all of them deserve to be put together on one LP to showcase these beauties.

The artists involved reads like a who's who of underground house and techno with vintage names like Pepe Bradock, Ian Pooley and Isole´e rubbing shoulders with young upstarts like Ugly Drums and Damiano von Erckert. For those who are already
      familiar with these remixes we wanted to make sure you had some brand new and exclusive music to get your teeth into so added three brilliant remixes of tracks from Manuel's latest LP Es Cub to the package which is exactly what you have here on this sampler release.

All three names need little by way of introduction, being Poker Flat honcho Steve Bug, Feel and One Track founder John Daly and Innervisions and Pets regular Aera. All three deliver their own unique take with their trademark quality and attention to the dancefloor all present and correct. Steve Bug's Remix of Ara Anam kicks off the release in classic Bug style with clipped beats, simple stabs and that warmth of production that makes everything he does work so nicely in the club.

John Daly is up next ditching his more cosmic, spaced out deep house sound for a straight up dub techno onslaught. Not your usual Freerange fare of course but when
      the music is this good who cares Play loud in a smokey warehouse or not at all!

Finally, Aera gives us his spin on Agrafena, a twisted and edgy track with crazy synths and stripped back beats taking us on a turbulent magic carpet ride into the future. Or something like that.

Release Date: 16 February 2015
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

You can edit the top post yourself, Si.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2009

the babicz mix is soooooooooooooooooo great !

Comment

• DjLellone
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/51pcg19g4xcr
            DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
              Platinum Poster
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DjLellone
              why the hell did you post this (and the weeks before too)

John Digweed Robert Babicz - Transitions (2015-02-06)

SPAM SPAM SPAM

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

No one cares about the mass uploads section.

Ennisellis of the Mixing Bowl too posts 320s files and he's one of the few reliable uploaders left. If I understood your doubts correctly..
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• DjLellone
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Evil, as always you're so boring
                  DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• mjkim760
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Sep 2009

Great 1st half. Even better 2nd...so many good tunes.

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sbando

Ennisellis of the Mixing Bowl too posts 320s files and he's one of the few reliable uploaders left. If I understood your doubts correctly..
                      yeah and the 320kbit has just a bit more "radio eq" compression and is irrelevant ^^
                      Did you know how John recorded his weekly podcasts :P i guess ".."

Comment

• sbando
                        Going back to Romford
                        • Apr 2008

I know, in fact I don't usually download those. But he can post the links here anyway. It'd be better not too post the Transitions files on Friday, out of respect for the site and Simon.
                        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Aug 2009

It'd be better not too post the Transitions files on Friday, out of respect for the site and Simon.
                          signed !

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                            Addiction started
                            • May 2008

Hey mate!

Just wanted to chime in (thanks for the name check!) re: the 320kbps files. As I'm sure you know, DIFM recently upgraded their broadcast output so if it's a DIFM stream recording it will be in 320kbps now, rather than the old 256kbps.

As to my files however, I'm afraid I can't say too much about them, especially on an open forum as the last thing I want to do is drop my "source" in it, but basically the files I upload are the same files DIFM and Mixcloud use (I don't know how Proton operate - whether they get 192kbps files or down-encode from a 320 source file in order to stream, whatever the correct terminology is here). I no longer record the stream for Transitions (I still do for Carl Cox Global) as I have, basically, a master file to work with. And of course, TMB get them first from me. So if it ain't uploaded there, I'm not the source for any upload elsewhere that may be 320kbps.

So my uploads are legit. Of course you only have my word for it, so, you know, believe what you want

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

Nothing to add, if you offer 320kbs, then it's 320kbs. The doubts some people have are about the bitrate of the original file sent to radio stations by Bedrock. But in your case it's different anyway since you don't rip anything.
                              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Working...