X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

hawtin in surround sound

now this is a concept i wish every DJ would embrace. imagine hearing expeditions in 5.1 surround sound with all those little tidbits from "expand the room" bouncing aorund the club. PURE.

Mr Richie Hawtin has a new project on his hands. The latest in the DE9 series is entitled Transitions and is set for release in the summer. Hawtin, aka Plastikman, will preview DE9: Transitions in 5.1 surround sound for the first time at the Sonar Festival in Barcelona (June 16-18th).

This is the latest project in the DE9 series that started with Decks, EFX & 909 in 1999 and was followed by DE9: Closer to the Edit two years later. DE9: Transitions is designed to explore the traditional musical 'transition' in terms of time and amplitude of sound, but also in it's the depth. This project aims to open DJ mix for the first time into a fully encompassing, surround sound (5.1) environment.

In March 365Mag revealed that Hawtin recently showcased a tripped-out video trilogy of tracks from his Closer album from 2003 at a special screening in Brussels. The project pushed the boundaries of minimalistic music and film further, with special visuals supplied by director Ali M. Demirel. Now, DE9: Transitions is spawned by Hawtin's Berlin studio with the use of new recording advances and automation techniques, to be showcased on a superior sound system with more capabilities than a traditional club rig.

DE9: Transitions will be released in September 2005 on Novamute/Minus Recordings on CD & DVD, including stereo and 5.1 surround sound versions, as well as high-resolution audio versions and accompanying visuals.

Hawtin also takes the show on the road and if you are in the States you can check him at these dates across the country: Here's to LapTopRock and the future of music brought to you once again by Plastikman!

05/30 Detroit Fuse-In Festival
    06/02 Denver The Church
    06/03 New York Avalon
    06/04 Los Angeles Avalon
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Re: hawtin in surround sound

i've already double posted this one. :P

triple post

heres the original http://www.mercurynation.com/forums/...ic.php?t=30149

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I'll be there for Avalon, and for the Cocoon closing party!!!!!!

Comment

• Hikari13
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2004

hawtin's music seems like it would go well assaulting you from multiple angles

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

like the bird boy said:

Comment

Working...