You're the judge, boss
    ha ha

Comment

• Hoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Aug 2009

Re: Time for Goodbye?

micko ; )

.. was diving in oki-ni presents MOON by Andrew Weatherall, and what a far divine voyage

this is a good musical community, ojalá no desaparezca

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

We have many good stuff here like no other place,
        how some people want to shut it down ??

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

every time i hear the word "harpooned"

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• J-Shock
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

You know, i dont post much, i barely go clubbing anymore and my priorities have changed over the years as i get older.

But I still need my music fix every day. Music is such an important part of my life, even if its just home listening at this point. If it wasn't for this community, i wouldn't of discovered amazing sets, or amazing artists like Ricky Ryan, Hernan Cattaneo, Jody, Hisham, and the list goes on.

Yes the community is smaller or should i say the activity level on the board is smaller, but reducing the forum sure would be a solution.

I dont know, i just dont see this place disappearing, it would be a huge shame IMO. The amount of knowledge and music and all the rest over here is tremendous.

I hope there's a solution agreeable to all that presents itself. Kamal will ultimately decide but it would be a crying shame if this place just disapears.

My long two cents.
            Peace
            J-Shock

Comment

• trick12
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

yes its shit to say we should close it down really, at least the thought of it counts…some gold in here
              Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Keep it alive. Don't pull the plug. Sources of good music are rare as hen's teeth. You don't have to wade through knee-deep puddles of shite to find it here in the P&R and its subforums.

Comment

• djrion
                  Addiction started
                  • May 2009

So what's the verdict? Keep this place up plzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• REDROCK
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2015

as a newbie, i should hope not.
                    Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• useyurbrain
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jul 2005

i love this place...

there is still room on the net for great forums such as this

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

I wonder if there is a way to keep the music in p&r but get rid of everything else?

Im with Kamal though. This site was amazing and I will always have fond memories

from the gay fight -to politics - to didi hating me all fond memories. The 9/11 threads, basically every thread I ever made was a hit.

But it's over.. As I left so did everyone else unfortunately.

I love you MS.

Au Revoir and farewell my friends, who loved me or loved to hate me I felt the same

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^ I could never hate anyone who gave me so many laughs
                          Last edited by DIDI; November 20, 2015, 02:31:07 AM.
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                            basically every thread I ever made was a hit.
                            LOL - sure, that's why you were given multiple time outs. You have a very selective memory about yourself, but hey, what else to expect from an attention whoring idiot who was more concerned about his own image than anything relating to the board.
                            Naturally you want to see the P&R section survive - you just want to leach threads because you know how toxic your own behavior is. You're mistaking your own natural shit-headness as popularity, but the attention's all the same to you, isn't it?

And why the fuck do you feel the need to announce you're leaving multiple times? This is something like the 5th time you've announced you quit and come back to say it again - you do realize that no-one gives a fuck, right?

Alright, got that out. Back to the subject at hand.

Message boards are going to go through their highs and lows, and they need to live their lives naturally. If a board doesn't have people that genuinely want to contribute, it'll die a natural death, but a board is also dependent on their reputation outside of their own borders. Other message boards are going to comment about each other and color the perception of possible new members.

People that actually want this board to survive need to encourage others that are like minded and wanting to make this place something special - something their own and keeping the community in mind moreso than their own shameless self promotion and a desire to build the community instead of putting themselves in front of it. People that spam the board with their own shit incessantly are going to bog down the community, drive people away who actually could bring something to it and unify instead of sit in the background, waiting for the new Nick Warren set to pop up or actively try to fracture the community over and over.

There's a delicate balance for the moderators for them to let the board develop organically, but also recognize when there's behavior or patterns developing that are poisoning the community, and it's a difficult balance to maintain. Over policing the threads can strangle creativity, but standing by while extremely negative behavior or postings can drive people away. If this board is going to continue and we want it to thrive, may I suggest some kind of charter or code of conduct be posted and adhered to?

Just my two cents.
                            Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• threehills
                              I heart Lollergirl
                              • Jun 2005

Just adding my vote to keep this place alive. I'm not here nearly as much as I used to be, but like an old friend, MS is there when you need a pick me up, a laugh or to hear all the latest gossip. I'd hate to see her go.

(I do think merging the sub forums is a excellent idea however)
                              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• dan dare
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Jul 2010

Defo keep this board going, with a little bit of downsizing like others have said. Promise I'll post more than twice a year

Comment

Working...