X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mixwell
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Satellite Radio?

Anyone here have Satellite Radio? Been looking into sirius for my car. How are the dance stations?
    thanks
    dance like no one is watching
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Satellite Radio?

I think there's been discussion on this on here before. From what I remember people haven't said very good things about the dance stations on Sirius. Most seem to prefer the ones available on XM. That may have changed though.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• EvenSteven
      Getting Somewhere
      • Sep 2004

I have XM. There are three dance channels, with TheMove, channel 80 being the best. There isn't anything groundbreaking on there. It's fine to put on for background music. If you're into D Fuse he's got a show on there. It's half decent, but with the sets floating on the internet, i find it hard to even tune into the dance stations on satellite. The comedy, news, and sports are the best reason to get satellite. No commericals, always on. I like it. When i want to listen to dance music, i pop in a cd.

Comment

• esef
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

sirius is what you want. it is way hipper then XM.

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• EvenSteven
          Getting Somewhere
          • Sep 2004

This article lays it out for you.

HowStuffWorks Electronics answers your home theater system questions and more. Find explanations, reviews, videos and prices on cameras & photography, personal audio, home audio & video systems, HDTVs and cell phones.

It all depends on your taste. One isn't hipper than the other, that's like telling someone chocolate is better than vanilla.

Comment

• Pataky P
            asdf_imo
            • Jun 2004

NO,i never heard this radio..but this is very intresting!!

Comment

• Leha
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

i listen sometimes on my tv Best radio 92.6, on weekend can be some good music. I think it's sirius, maybe hotbird, not sure.

Comment

• Ariel Cybana
                Addiction started
                • Jul 2004

One of my buddies has Sirius and loves it. I heard the dance stations on there and they got some decent music. Way better than what you hear on the radio IMO. When I get my next car, I plan to get Sirius and/or ipod (or something similar) cuz the music on the radio sucks!! Plus there is more variety of music and programming than on the radio. It's worth paying the subscription IMO.

If you're a Howard Stern fan, you'd want to get Sirius.

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ariel Cybana
                  If you're a Howard Stern fan, you'd want to get Sirius.

Comment

• thezzapper
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

satellite radio ---> no.

free internet ---> there ya go...
                    sigpic

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thezzapper
                      satellite radio ---> no.

I'm with you on that 100%. I used to think Satellite radio was the way to go... but lately I've started to realize that I haven't listened to nearly any CD in my car more than once. I just burn mp3 CDs packed full of 8 or so hours worth of [ms] member sets, recommendations, and [ms] hosted sets. By the time I finish each CD, I have at least 3 more similar CDs to burn... it never ends :?

No reason to get Satellite radio. Instead, invest into a MP3 CD player and buy a spindle of CDs once every few months. This way you know what you're listening to, can listen again, can recommend, and it's also cheaper IMO.

Comment

• Mixwell
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                        Originally posted by thezzapper
                        satellite radio ---> no.

I'm with you on that 100%. I used to think Satellite radio was the way to go... but lately I've started to realize that I haven't listened to nearly any CD in my car more than once. I just burn mp3 CDs packed full of 8 or so hours worth of [ms] member sets, recommendations, and [ms] hosted sets. By the time I finish each CD, I have at least 3 more similar CDs to burn... it never ends :?

No reason to get Satellite radio. Instead, invest into a MP3 CD player and buy a spindle of CDs once every few months. This way you know what you're listening to, can listen again, can recommend, and it's also cheaper IMO.
                        What kind of MP3 Cd car stereo do you have? I will probably just go with an Ipod adapter when i can find one for my car. I hate the adapter that transmits through the radio. That shit sucks.
                        dance like no one is watching

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mixwell
                          What kind of MP3 Cd car stereo do you have? I will probably just go with an Ipod adapter when i can find one for my car. I hate the adapter that transmits through the radio. That shit sucks.
                          I've had my Kenwood for almost 4 years now. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm thinking of getting a new one now because Kenwood makes some that are iPod ready.

Anyone know if there's a head unit capable of reading DVD-R for audio?

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                            able of reading DVD-R for audio?
                            yes they're available. not sure which brands, but i remember reading about them.

the Acrua my girlfriend is getting has dvd audio and 5.1 from the factory.

gotta love technology.

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                            No reason to get Satellite radio.
                            for people who have other interests besides music, ie - news, sports, comedy, etc...satellite is the way to go.

Comment

• skahound
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                              yes they're available. not sure which brands, but i remember reading about them.

the Acrua my girlfriend is getting has dvd audio and 5.1 from the factory.

gotta love technology.
                              Completely forgot about that. That was a huge selling point of the TL when we were test driving, although my fiance couldn't give a shit about it.

Comment

Working...