• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Therapists
    Getting warmed up
    • Mar 2005

Therapy sessions this wed 1st june-lexicon avenue/killahurtz

SCOTT BRADFORD(LEXICON AVENUE)
    When your talking about old hands in the British Dance music scene that still hold the credibility to stick to their guns and continue to play non commercial, true house music you need look no further than SHINDIG?s SCOTT BRADFORD.

Playing a style that can be described as Deep Funky House moving to a Tuffer, Tribal edge Scott has been championed by such luminaries as Pete Tong, Seb Fontaine, John Digweed and Danny Rampling having played live mixes on all their Radio shows on numerous occasions. He has even secured his own monthly shows (along with DJ & production partner Mark Armstrong) on stations in Argentina, Portugal and Lithuania.

Scott first cut his teeth on the decks in 1989 playing odd club slots around the North East of England but he soon pushed himself to the forefront after teaming up with long term partner, SCOOBY, when they started their first weekly residency at Rockshots in Newcastle.

After two years and the subsequent rise of the silly hardcore scene Scott realised it was time to move on and relocate to a smaller venue where only those who appreciated their music fully and the crowd could be closely monitored. They took up residency at Club Afrika in May1992 and SHINDIG was born, a night that now has a massive reputation at home and abroad.

Although Scott is a homeboy at heart and prefers to play at his beloved SHINDIG he has also DJ?d extensively in Britain and abroad. These road trips have included Renaissance, Back 2 Basics, Colours, Ministry of Sound, Elementz and The Gallery while abroad he has played in South America, Japan, Greece, Hungary, Serbia, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Bahrain, Dubai, Turkey, Israel, Germany, Norway, Korea, Ibiza as well as stateside trips to San Fransisco, Miami, LA and New York.

Scott?s talents don?t just exist in the secret world of the DJ booth as his production and remix credits (along with production partner Chris Scott) would be envied by the majority.

Having recorded under the monickers NEW PHUNK THEORY, LITTLE GREEN MEN, SHINDIG, THIRD MOVEMENT, FISHEAD (with Satoshi Tomiie) and most notably as LEXICON AVENUE his remix and production credits extend to such labels as Yoshitoshi, Airtight, Hooj Choons, Paper Recordings, Bomba, Saw Recordings, Stereo, Audio Therapy, Junior Boys Own, NRK, Rennaisance, Plastica, Mute, Multiply, Island and of course his own imprint FORENSIC RECORDS. Scott and Mark have also recently teamed up with Mara?s BARRY GILBEY to record new material due for release in the summer of 2005.

For DJ bookings contact sara@therapymusic.com

KILLAHURTZ
    We are proud to present another new addition to the Audio Therapy
    roster - Killahurtz's ? "Kiss For The Dying" due for release at the start of June. The highly anticipated follow up to the successful "West on 27th" (a huge anthem a few years back on Hooj Choons, finding its way on to Sasha & John Digweed?s Communicate CD as well as countless others) comes with 3 mixes from Killahurtz and a remix from Hybrid to top the package off nicely.
    Killahurtz' recent remix of U2's "All Because Of You" has thrust them back into the limelight with its success on radio and clubs alike.
    With 3 versions from Killahurtz themselves we have also managed to get a storming mix from Hybrid who have really surpassed themselves on this one. Featuring on 2 x 12" Vinyl and due for release on May 30th this is one to watch out for.

AT018

A Side ? Return of the Killaz Mix
    B Side ? Stars, Pars & Guitars Mix

AT018X

A Side ? Hybrids Echoplex 0405 Mix
    B Side ? Dubstrumental Mix

Another much needed dose of Audiotherapy!" DJ mag

"Just confirms that Killahurtz are on top form" Paul Oakenfold

"Stars, Pars and Gutars mix is the bomb!" Redanka

"The real gem here is the Hybrid remix." mate Magazine
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Therapy sessions this wed 1st june-lexicon avenue/killah

Originally posted by The Therapists
    "Just confirms that Killahurtz are on top form" Paul Oakenfold
    So by tuning in am I saying that I agree with Oakenfold?
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• The Therapists
      Getting warmed up
      • Mar 2005

Re: Therapy sessions this wed 1st june-lexicon avenue/killahurtz

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Who am I kidding, I have 2 copies of Bunkka. I'll be tuning in for sure.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• arielus
          He's back, in Pog form
          • Jun 2004

that looks great.

will tune in for sure
          http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

love me some lex ave. always a quality listen.

Comment

• The Therapists
              Getting warmed up
              • Mar 2005

Re: Therapy sessions this wed 1st june-lexicon avenue/killahurtz

lex ave remix of chab-closer to me is in there

Comment

Working...