X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dialectic
    Fresh Peossy
    • Apr 2005

an arab point of view

here is a link to a site that i found from a man named Dr.hesham tillawi who has a live call in show and gives a palestinian point of view in the palestinian/israeli conflict some of his guests and points are very interesting the link is http://www.currentissues.tv/ check it out and see what you think
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: an arab point of view

Thanks for the link. . . . thats all we need another moron purporting anti zionism when indeed he is nothing more than an antisemite.

Having reviewed his site it's full of historical inaccuracies and is nothing more than blatant propaganda, which i guess i dont really have a problem with as long as you recognise it as such.

Dialectic, if you would like to discuss the Israel/Palestine issue with me i am more than happy to!

Comment

• face
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

aside from being a horribly designed and organized web site, there isn't much substance to it aside from propaganda, as dave mentioned.

there are many other outlets where palestinian voices are expressed more coherently.

check out ali abunimah's electronic intifada (and electronic iraq).

for some heated "debates" check out some of the talkback sections in ha'aretz's online edition. go to the bottom of this article, for example:

historical revisionism makes me sick.

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• davetlv
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

face

pleased to someone else on here reading ha'artz, some of the talkback stuff is classical - two clear side firmly entrenched in their own positions with neither willing to give a millimeter. . . . I've really enjoyed reading some of this stuff over the past few weeks!

Comment

• face
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

you bet dave.

i check out yediot aharonot and ha'arets fairly regularly--more so now that i work during the day.

i pretty much scour every news source i can read: french, english, german, arabic. i'm hoping to start learning hebrew in the fall if i have the chance.

Comment

• face
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by face
            aside from being a horribly designed and organized web site, there isn't much substance to it aside from propaganda, as dave mentioned.

there are many other outlets where palestinian voices are expressed more coherently.

check out ali abunimah's electronic intifada (and electronic iraq).

for some heated "debates" check out some of the talkback sections in ha'aretz's online edition. go to the bottom of this article, for example:

historical revisionism makes me sick.
            P.S. i forgot to mention: http://angryarab.blogspot.com

as'ad abu-khalil is a real smart man with quite the sense of humor despite the dreary topics he discusses.

he put on quite the spectacle when he came to speak at georgetown this past spring...

Comment

Working...