X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

John Digweed 3.6.05

So Digweed finally came back to Israel last week after an 18 month absence.

This time we were organised; tickets bought in advance, transportation organised, bank accounts emptied - we were out to party big time.

The line up for the night, apart from Digweed, included Simon Posford and Ofer Nissim, as well as the local winner of the Heinakken Thirst DJ Comp.

The event was being held on a private beach some 15kms south of Tel Aviv - Palmachim is a great place to visit and camp out on but i never thought i would spend the early hours of a Saturday morning listening to Diggers there.

My usual party crew went. Adina and Vlad plus we joined by two Ofer Nissim 'fans' (theres no accountanting for taste i guess)

We arrived at midnight just as last years Israeli winner of the Thirst Comp came on - Nadiv Agami (i think) laid down an hour of great prog music, half an hour into his set we were already fighting for room on the turf that was the dance floor.

At just gone 1 am Ofer Nissim took to the decks, and i have to admit i am not a big fan, his style of house reminds of my days trolling around the gay clubs in London. That said he was only going to be playing for an hour so i guess i could put up with it.

If you havent seen Ofer live, he likes to 'shake his stuff' whilst spinning, its certainly an experience.

During Ofers set, Digweed made his way to the lighting booth, and there was almost a smile on his face watching Ofer gyrate his body.

At this point i would like to add a pic of me and Diggers but the shot was too terrible to even save. . . anyway

At 2.00 am Digweed took to the decks to a roars of the crowed - As i have said here before i am not trackspotter so i really couldn't tell you what was played. All i know for the next three hours we were firmly attached to our spot on the turf enjoying all that Digweed had to offer.

About half way through his set the sky lit up with a short firework display. . .

I had never been clubbing outside before in my life, it was quite an experience. Being in the sea breeze whilst listening to Digweed is an experience.

We left at 5 am as Vlad had to work at 7 - shame really. Overall it was a frigging excellent night. Digweed was on top form!

Having been to Nick Warren 6 weeks earlier where we were left breathless I really wasnt sure how this night would compare. It had all the elements of being either really great or really awfull (the venue for one!), but i wasn't.

Digweed, as usual IMHO, banged out a cracking set, Nadiv Agami was excellent, Ofer Nissim was passable and we left before all the trance heads could watch sunrise.

Can't wait for his return in another 18 months!

• skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Awesome pics and review. Glad you had a great time!
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

oooh Simon Posford, one half of Shpongle..how was he?

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed 3.6.05

Nice pictures. Sounds like you had a blast.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• davetlv
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
          oooh Simon Posford, one half of Shpongle..how was he?
          Left before he came on - he had the sunrise shift!

Comment

• peloquin
            Till I Come!
            • Jun 2004

great review and pics, im jealous :P

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

beach parties rock. especially when diggers is in charge of the sounds.
              jealous.

Comment

• serbumax85
                Getting Somewhere
                • May 2005

Digweed is the best
                max

Comment

• AndyH
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2005

Sounds like a quality night and a nice review. Cheers mate
                  [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

This has to be the RAREST picture in the history of pictures.... a DOUBLE WHAMMY SHOT

Not only is digweed looking into the crowd.... he's actually SMILING

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• asdf_admin
                      i use to be important
                      • Jun 2004

sweet. thank you for the adventure.
                      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Pataky P
                        asdf_imo
                        • Jun 2004

I love his music!!!Thanks the Photo!!Good ticket was it!!I like it!

Comment

• davetlv
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
                          This has to be the RAREST picture in the history of pictures.... a DOUBLE WHAMMY SHOT

Not only is digweed looking into the crowd.... he's actually SMILING

-e-

although i would like to think you are right on this, in fact diggers was looking skyward to the elevated dj booth at Ofer Nissim who was prancing about shaking his long blonde locks to one of his own remixes. . . .

I like to think of the picture more in lines of Diggers thinking to himself ". . . that is warming up for me. . . "

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

nice..... thanks the links and updates.... I think so
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            Originally posted by ace_dl
                            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• rubyraks
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Damn Dave am I jealous! Sounds like an awesome night. Last time I was there I caught Ofer along with a few others at an open air party in some field a bit north of Tel Aviv. So you got me hysterically laughing with your description of Ofer...it's so true. Thanks

I'll be there at the end of August right when they have the Love Parade. Very much looking forward to partying it up then!
                              "Work like you don't need the money.
                              Love like you've never been hurt.
                              Dance like nobody's watching.
                              Sing like nobody's listening.
                              Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

Working...