Haha your so silly, stella in the US taste different then in belgium, the reason being is cause Anheuser-Busch has bought out stella in. The US and has totally changed the recipe! Sad but true, no wonder why americans can drink 12 budlights no problem, its just a syrup beer oh and half water!!!
Organic vs GMO
Collapse
X
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
Haha your so silly, stella in the US taste different then in belgium, the reason being is cause Anheuser-Busch has bought out stella in. The US and has totally changed the recipe! Sad but true, no wonder why americans can drink 12 budlights no problem, its just a syrup beer oh and half water!!! -
Re: Organic vs GMO
^ its a lot more than half water. if you want to get technical about it.
I have heard that most beers taste different in Europe than here... Heineken is the main one I hear that tastes a lot better across the pond.Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
All the beer I had in Europe was better, Heineken for sure is better when it's from Amsterdam. 1887 was my jam in France though. I hear Stella is bum beer in England though, while toted as being an expensive import here
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
di you said that because it is easy access to organic markets ?
or referred to that you have policies from the lie called government, that truly works in this case ?
you don´t have transgenic problems throughout the country ?
don´t take it personal the "lie called government", i think in different levels they are that all over the world
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
^^ Insult this government as much as you like .
They are awful. !!!!! Our labelling has room for improvement , but isn't too bad.
We do have multiple problems in pollution and climate issues and they are getting worse under this government. I could go on for hours about this, but I will save it for the newspapers
The big market I go to has a whole aisle of organic produce. I don't like Farmers markets that much. I think they bring all their crap produce to sell to us stupid city dwellers. Organic food doesn't have to be wormy
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
Severe climate changes, pests, need for higher yields for population increases, low-cost vaccination-food for poor countries -- all valid reasons to modify foods since we have the technology and the desire to use it for good. GMO foods don't worry me as much as plastics, that's what I think has increased cancer & disease rates.
Hoff hasn't provided any details (or pics for that matter
) about how he grows his own food, but I can say I've grown lemons for years & this year yielded about 100 from 3 small potted lemon trees. But last fall Cottony Cushion Scale bugs arrived and practically destroyed my trees despite every effort at warding them off, putting the trees in the garage for the winter and releasing over 900 lady bugs to eat the scales. It didn't work. So I have no idea how farmers do it. How do they keep pests away, deal with weather, etc on a massive scale and still produce food? I respect them tremendously.
Packaging foods in plastics and telling consumers it's safe to microwave their food right in the plastic is sickening to me & I believe causes many cancers. Not to mention doctors here recommend CT scans for just about anything, which radiates a body 600 times more radiation than a single xray. (I've had 3 CT scans, 1 done while I was heavily medicated & wish I could have refused it.) Thus, there are many "environmental factors" to cancer than GMO foods. Smoking is a sure cause.
My husband is growing some tomatoes and planted a bunch of seeds (herbs & veggies) recently, the lady at the check out counter told him "Good luck, cost me nearly $40 to grow 6 tomatoes myself, it's not really worth it."
I'm just grateful good/tasty food is plentiful in my reality; many can't say that much. Everyone needs fed & all are deserving of food.
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
not food related, but don't forget about toothpaste, shampoo, soap, cosmetics and other stuff we use daily
http://www.newsweek.com/2014/09/26/c...ck-268322.htmlComment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
My main issue with gmo is that despite saying they can feed the world they don't ! They just make a hell of a lot of money by farmers not being able to save seed.Severe climate changes, pests, need for higher yields for population increases, low-cost vaccination-food for poor countries -- all valid reasons to modify foods since we have the technology and the desire to use it for good. GMO foods don't worry me as much as plastics, that's what I think has increased cancer & disease rates.
Hoff hasn't provided any details (or pics for that matter
) about how he grows his own food, but I can say I've grown lemons for years & this year yielded about 100 from 3 small potted lemon trees. But last fall Cottony Cushion Scale bugs arrived and practically destroyed my trees despite every effort at warding them off, putting the trees in the garage for the winter and releasing over 900 lady bugs to eat the scales. It didn't work. So I have no idea how farmers do it. How do they keep pests away, deal with weather, etc on a massive scale and still produce food? I respect them tremendously.
Packaging foods in plastics and telling consumers it's safe to microwave their food right in the plastic is sickening to me & I believe causes many cancers. Not to mention doctors here recommend CT scans for just about anything, which radiates a body 600 times more radiation than a single xray. (I've had 3 CT scans, 1 done while I was heavily medicated & wish I could have refused it.) Thus, there are many "environmental factors" to cancer than GMO foods. Smoking is a sure cause.
My husband is growing some tomatoes and planted a bunch of seeds (herbs & veggies) recently, the lady at the check out counter told him "Good luck, cost me nearly $40 to grow 6 tomatoes myself, it's not really worth it."
I'm just grateful good/tasty food is plentiful in my reality; many can't say that much. Everyone needs fed & all are deserving of food.
The key to keep your plants relatively bug free is just keep them strong and healthy. I don't know what your climate is like , but keeping any plant indoors for that length of time may weaken it. I have a wonderful Lemonade Lemon tree , only fed organically , mainly compost, don't seem to get bugs , I have a slight problem with possums eating some of the lemons [lemonade lemons aren't as sour as most lemons] but there seems to be a enough for us all.
I love lady bugs they keep the aphids off my roses.
I even bought a suitcase with lady bugs pictured in it
Agree with you totally on plastics!!! I shop really carefully and still end up with heaps of plastic. Gave away the microwave years ago. Food tastes better cooked traditionally .
Good luck to your husbands tomatoes etc. I have plants come up in the compost. Homegrown tomatoes taste so much better. !!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
can´t write now, hope tomorrow, but you´re totally right didi, and not just that, not only they don´t feed, They keep humanity totally sick! because that is their business because they themselves are! the pharmaceutical industry !!!, first become you sick with their food which is not food!, and then they sell you pills "supposed remedies", .. which of course they don´t cure !!!
kiwi, this "Severe climate changes, pests, need for higher yields for population increases, low-cost vaccination-food for poor countries -- all valid reasons to modify foods since we have the technology and the desire to use it for good. GMO foods don't worry me as much as plastics"
with full respect, thats totally incorrect, directly there are not valid reasons!, .... and if you worry about plastics, well you need to know that you´re eating plastics because that is not real food
will answer the other just when i can
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
^^ yes, yes... agree Didi!
sorry for the threadjack:
my lemon trees are mature & strong enough I guess because they are growing back now, but they lost every single leaf & lots of limbs. They're in the garage with a plant light (& the door open whenever possible) only for a few months, not long at all, so the snow and frost doesn't kill them. Each year they start blooming in there. We've grown them this way for many years without issues till last year.... we live in the southwest. Want a greenhouse!!
idk what kind of lemons mine are, their skins are kind of thin/soft and they are packed full of sweet juice, not sour & they get pretty big... nothing like any I've seen in the store. we give lots away. but this year I propagated some from their seeds and have 14+ tiny trees started
so I can give whole trees away one day. Have one lime tree also and a huge fig tree (easiest ever to grow).
really need to start composting, esp since you're saying you don't get bugs. We've had so much rain, our roses have black spots... grateful for the rain, but darn fungus. Gardening is one of my favorite activities.
can't wait for the tomotoes! Thanks Didi!
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
dna is complex, modifying a few genes doesn't make something plastic, no longer natural, inedible, or lacking nutrition Hoff. I just don't subscribe to propaganda that anything new/different/modified is evil/disease causing. granted, I don't now enough about this subject to debate it. still, I'd rather see both sides fully before deciding for myself & presume "well being" first & foremost. carry on
I'll show myself out of this thread
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
easy kiwi ; ) .. i´m talking with love and really into the theme,
sorry if i put so much love on this but to sick the earth with chemicals, open mining and we can say 2000 things more it is one of the greatest human disasters, .. but people not understanding that all these chemicals on earth then ends on their bodys is simply incredible
also it is impossible to talk about all this here, and depends a lot on the degree of awareness of each
on the other hand, if you do not understand that Nature is Perfect alone as it is!, we have nothing to talk
then there will always be the actual sick human being trying to intervene everything with their poor egos
also this is totally correct
Comment
-
Re: Organic vs GMO
With the amount of chemicals most people here pump into their bodies, GMO's is the least of their worries.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment