X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • undrgrndwmn
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

AAAAGH!

wah! my city sucks now. there is a giant conspiracy in atlanta to kill what's left of the "scene" here. cops closed down an after-hours party saturday night but wouldn't let anyone leave. THE club for underground sounds (crescent room) was closed Friday night. I know that attendance at music events has been off in general, but PLEASE ... last year, there was one or more good show every week. This year, we're LUCKY to get one a month. I'm been out supporting every week, whether it was locals or larger shows. But there's not much left to support anymore.

Why am I bitching about this? It's not to start another "dance is dead" thread. Just wondering what the state of the scene is where YOU are, and if it's any better!
  • swedetech
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

L.A was going down that road as well maybe 2 years ago, they kept shutting places down etc but now things are picking up big time and more and more clubs with good djs / vibes are popping up!
    ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

In the UK the smaller clubs seem to be doing well, but the likes of Cream and Gatecrasher have fallen on hard times. Unfortunately I think we are set for a major camp-rock and 80's pop revival .

Still .. if it means the likes of Sasha and Diggers playing more intimate places that are rammed then I'm up for it and don't mind travelling to the likes of The Bomb, Fabric, Air and Sankeys. Not into the big corporate festivals (although the Bedrock tent at Global Gathering has an awesome line-up).
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

Kansas City was like that 3 years ago. The cops shut down a rave and arrested dozens of people for ecstasy, and assumed if that many people had it then everybody must have been doing it. All the promoters were so scared around here that it took at least 6 months before another party went down. It's getting a lot better now, the last party I went to that got shut down was a field party, and the only reason it got shut down was because the owner of the property told the renters not to have more than 30 people over, and they had over a thousand or something.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

Massachusetts is weird...as usual :wink: Boston is in fluctuation...Avalon et al isn't what it used to be, but there are tons of smaller weeklies and events keeping things afloat no problem...and new stuff opens I want to think on average every 6-9 months.

Western part of the state forget it...there are a small handful of good weeklies, but really only supported by the same people. There's no new blood coming out and doing these things, and that's where the hurting lies...instead the kids these days are much more into the hip-hop/r'n'b/reggae styles.
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• BeachBum
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Here in orlando Florida, the rave scenes have completely ended. There is no suck thing as a rave as it was spoken a few years ago in the underground. We can all thank Jeb Bush for that. A few smaller clubs are still playing hard core underground music and supporting the scene, but for the ost part, top 40 and pop. I might be going to turn 30 this year...but damnit...I miss the days of the underground!!!!

The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Re: AAAAGH!

Originally posted by undrgrndwmn
              wah! my city sucks now. there is a giant conspiracy in atlanta to kill what's left of the "scene" here. cops closed down an after-hours party saturday night but wouldn't let anyone leave. THE club for underground sounds (crescent room) was closed Friday night. I know that attendance at music events has been off in general, but PLEASE ... last year, there was one or more good show every week. This year, we're LUCKY to get one a month. I'm been out supporting every week, whether it was locals or larger shows. But there's not much left to support anymore.

Why am I bitching about this? It's not to start another "dance is dead" thread. Just wondering what the state of the scene is where YOU are, and if it's any better!

good point... i quit going out so much here anymore.... the crowds seem to have dulled here. its kinda lame. when in doubt, move to europe.
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• deeprogressions
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it seems to me that Louisiana's seen is on a steady decline it is rare that a good progessive dj shows up in this state anymore and even more rare that an excellent one does. The grape vine has it that Disco Donnie (primary promoter of New Oleans scene) has begun to put more focus into Texas promotions. I don't know what the problem is but it hurts I miss having at least monthly doses of great music and people.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

it sure does suck underwearwoman.
                  too bad city council doesnt die so we could start over.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                    In the UK the smaller clubs seem to be doing well, but the likes of Cream and Gatecrasher have fallen on hard times. Unfortunately I think we are set for a major camp-rock and 80's pop revival .

Still .. if it means the likes of Sasha and Diggers playing more intimate places that are rammed then I'm up for it and don't mind travelling to the likes of The Bomb, Fabric, Air and Sankeys. Not into the big corporate festivals (although the Bedrock tent at Global Gathering has an awesome line-up).
                    Remember Home? I never got to go. I made it to London a month after it got closed down.

Comment

• swedetech
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                      Originally posted by simonr

Remember Home? I never got to go. I made it to London a month after it got closed down.
                      I heard it wasn't all that, wasn't Oakie their first resident?
                      ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• master of puppets
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Well my country sucks too!!! but there are some good partys with excellent djs. and also you can get all the drugs you want.
                        he he he.......
                        DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by master of puppets
                          Well my country sucks too!!! but there are some good partys with excellent djs. and also you can get all the drugs you want.
                          he he he.......
                          I agree with you. I never understoood why my grandparents emigrated there from Europe, and that is why my family left your country 25 years ago.

Comment

Working...