X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billmav
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2005

Re: drug free review of sasha @ crobar NYC june 3

great review, im lookign forward to seeing sasha next time here is around my parts. have listended to many of his sets, but never seen him live.

any aussies in here that saw him last here in Australia (i believe late last year)? what were your thoughts?

Comment

• minneec
      Getting warmed up
      • Dec 2004

nice review. i had a blast friday night too. too sad that the fundacion nights are over. but it was truly a progression, this residency, ending with sasha doing some really good stuff musically on the last night. literally i couldn't stop dancing all night long. good thing i missed the afterparty or else i don't think i would be moving. of course the crowd sucked, but i'm starting to give up on crobar. to think a year ago, every weekend was full of hot people...sigh

Comment

• michaelbirney
        Getting warmed up
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by devon
        i caught his set the following night in DC and i wasn't too impressed. what happened to grooving bass lines? everything he played was almost hard house with an electro tip. didn't help things that the club sucks. my ears are still ringing.

and why would he end his set with the killers mr brightside and encore with that donna summer i feel love mix? i think they have become the new cowpander.

paolo mojo (sp?) had a great opening set though.

COWPANDER!!! lol!!! I don't know what I would want to hear least, Cowpander or ATB - 9pm 'till I come :?
        "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen

Comment

• miketpoto
          Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by michaelbirney
          COWPANDER!!! lol!!! I don't know what I would want to hear least, Cowpander or ATB - 9pm 'till I come :?
          OK, do you just go around making negative posts? I am going to go investigate.... right now..

Comment

• michaelbirney
            Getting warmed up
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
            OK, do you just go around making negative posts? I am going to go investigate.... right now..

I'm not being negative, just honest. What's your deal anyway man? You seem to be the confrontational one, not me. I have my own politics, musically, that are obviously different from yours. I just feel XPander was a great piece of music. Cowpander sucks. Pretty simple. Am I not allowed to like and dislike certain music? I'll make sure to check in with you now to make sure my posts don't offend you.
            "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen

Comment

• miketpoto
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by miketpoto

I'm not being negative, just honest. What's your deal anyway man? You seem to be the confrontational one, not me. I have my own politics, musically, that are obviously different from yours. I just feel XPander was a great piece of music. Cowpander sucks. Pretty simple. Am I not allowed to like and dislike certain music? I'll make sure to check in with you now to make sure my posts don't offend you.
              lol, you have won with humor, although I dont get your taste... but anyway.... your reply in the other thread was written in a manner that seemed unfair or at least not thought out.... and i just got home friday night and am feelin a little sassy.... at any rate... from one mike to another, have fun, be nice, or at least be nice after being mean/bitchy, cause its fun...

Comment

• michaelbirney
                Getting warmed up
                • Aug 2004

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. No hard feelings, I just a picky bastard, what can I say. ----However, I just got off the phone with my friend tonight who saw Steve Porter and then Sasha @ Sound-Bar Chicago----he said it was the best show he's been to in a while, and he's seen sasha in NY, LA, DC, Boston, Amsterdam, and Berlin if you can believe it?!?!? Very cool. ---and thanks for the kind reply, I appreciate it.

Comment

• miketpoto
                  • Jan 2005

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. No hard feelings, I just a picky bastard, what can I say. ----However, I just got off the phone with my friend tonight who saw Steve Porter and then Sasha @ Sound-Bar Chicago----he said it was the best show he's been to in a while, and he's seen sasha in NY, LA, DC, Boston, Amsterdam, and Berlin if you can believe it?!?!? Very cool. ---and thanks for the kind reply, I appreciate it.
                  i'm crazy, but not a lunatic... sasha rocked the fuck out of last friday, and i saw porter a month back and he stomped the house down too.... great music days we live in again, good times

Comment

• michaelbirney
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Aug 2004

good times

Comment

Working...