Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

LIBERALS NEED TO BE SHOT, HOW'S THAT FOR GUN CONTROL?

Comment

• CHiEF_N
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon
      But i have do have a great respect even borderline fear for what
      he can do to the average simpleton.
      MICHAEL MOORE IS A FUCKING ASSMUNCH
      Simpleton, LMAO! You need to take a look in the mirror. Bush is a con artist and not even a very clever one. You've been conned into believing that what he is doing is for the well being of you and the rest of our country when in fact he doesn't give a rats ass about us unless it makes him and his affiliates more money. Moore may have an exaggerated opinion, but he also displays footage that wasn't staged of your great leader showing his true colors that only a f*cking idiot wouldn't be able to see. You need to open your glazed over patriotic eyes as well!
      ^Existing Extraordinarily^

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Ghandi~

Comment

• mylexicon
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        Truer words have never been spoken :WINK:

My eyes are open, i know exactly what he is doing and it doesn't bother me.
        I'm not sure it should bother you either. Bush is leaving the average American
        behind because, truth is, making sure our corporations don't go belly up from
        terrorism is more important than making sure that everyone has great social
        programs. We can't protect everything, and corporations are more
        important to the future of this nation, than any one of us is alone. Cruel,
        but that's the reality of the matter. And did you ever stop and think that
        prosperous corporations might help all of us?

278 million average Americans could die today and be replaced at the drop of a hat.
        If the other two million elites were killed the world as we know it would be changed
        forever. Sucks....but if you don't make yourself important to society you are
        simply living of the benevolence of others. Take the things you have and
        turn them into something important to all people. That's how the wealthy
        got where they are today. While elevating their own lifestyle they gave jobs
        to other people and created demand for goods that would have to be met
        by other companies. That's how wealth is created. If you sit around looking
        for special treatment and handouts......there's really not much incentive for
        keeping you around, is there?
        Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

^^^^^ @ that post.

Comment

• CHiEF_N
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon
            Truer words have never been spoken :WINK:

My eyes are open, i know exactly what he is doing and it doesn't bother me.
            I'm not sure it should bother you either. Bush is leaving the average American
            behind because, truth is, making sure our corporations don't go belly up from
            terrorism is more important than making sure that everyone has great social
            programs. We can't protect everything, and corporations are more
            important to the future of this nation, than any one of us is alone. Cruel,
            but that's the reality of the matter. And did you ever stop and think that
            prosperous corporations might help all of us?

278 million average Americans could die today and be replaced at the drop of a hat.
            If the other two million elites were killed the world as we know it would be changed
            forever. Sucks....but if you don't make yourself important to society you are
            simply living of the benevolence of others. Take the things you have and
            turn them into something important to all people. That's how the wealthy
            got where they are today. While elevating their own lifestyle they gave jobs
            to other people and created demand for goods that would have to be met
            by other companies. That's how wealth is created. If you sit around looking
            for special treatment and handouts......there's really not much incentive for
            keeping you around, is there?
            I'm not blue collar there ace. I work as a salaried Operations Analyst for a major ADSL ISP in the southeast. I respect your comments, but I don't have to kill anyone or even harm them in any way to earn my living. I'm not against anyone who is wealthy, shit some of my family are very well off. With as young as I am, ambitious and the success that I've already achieved in my career, I probably won't be doing too damn shabby by the time I'm middle aged either. I agree everyone should strive to be extraordinary in their chosen endeavors, but only if it doesn't harm others. Bush, his non-political affiliates and administration are getting richer, but it is blood coated money. Do you concur with my opinion or his?

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

I do not concur with you...and i don't necessarily concur with bush either on all points...however...

for me it's black and white...

entitlements or no entitlements....

dem or rep...

i could give a fuck less about much else...even tho i do agree with a lot of what bush does.

Earn your keep, or fuck off.

i will say this tho...one of the few problems i have with Bush and right wingers is Christianity. I'm republican, but FFS, leave religion out of it...but they can't because they're so deeply rooted in it, not to mention it's a hell of a lot of votes.

weak imo.

Comment

• mylexicon
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CHiEF_N
                I agree everyone should strive to be extraordinary in their chosen endeavors, but only if it doesn't harm others. Bush, his non-political affiliates and administration are getting richer, but it is blood coated money. Do you concur with my opinion or his?
                Mmmmmm So so, i guess. The part about pursuing a career as
                long as it doesn't hurt others seems a little bit too idealistic. At some point
                you are going to be faced with a situation where you will have to overcome,
                out perform, out work, or out achieve someone else. Knocking them down
                the totem pole shouldn't deter you unless you know you are doing it to be
                malicious or you know you have achieved new prominence through deceit.

As far a blood money.....no i don't agree. People who think Iraq and the
                War on Terror are making us wealthy have gone mad. We will be lucky if
                breakeven after its all said and done. The amount of money we have to spend
                protecting our borders is going to continue to increase, and the more our
                allies refuse to help keep us safe, the more money we are going to have to
                keep spending on military and intell. Terrorism is linked very strongly to
                poverty. This democracy and capitalism installation in Afghanistan and Iraq
                is meant to help keep us safe, by making them realize they can create a
                place they want to live without brutalizing others. We aren't pocketing
                anything off of WOT. We are simply trying to stop the future budget bleeding.
                We are hoping that by fighting a short expensive war now, that we will
                be able to save the world and ourselves from fighting a long ultra-expensive losing
                battle in the generations to come.

Comment

• mylexicon
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

i will say this tho...one of the few problems i have with Bush and right wingers is Christianity.
                  hahaha.....i know what you mean but try to keep as open a mind as possible.....
                  it is the control freaks that mess the Republican party up.

I have a grandfather who is a baptist pastor and a grandmother who plays
                  the organ at his services. They are both 83 and despite their age they do
                  not support enforcing church policy with the government. But it's not because
                  they are really nice, or obnoxiously open minded.

It's because they know the government will screw it up

Comment

• CHiEF_N
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Re:: michael moore cant handle his own medicine

Okay, so by this mentality, you think that even if it means you'll have to harm others to make your money it's alright? :?

Comment

• CHiEF_N
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

My previous post was directed towards Jenks.

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CHiEF_N
                        Okay, so by this mentality, you think that even if it means you'll have to harm others to make your money it's alright? :?
                        I don't make my money by harming others, i'm in medical field, i actually help people.

Healthcare reform, may or may not cuase serious problems for my company, depends on what gets reformed exactly. Republicans couldn't give a piss about free healthcare, and i applaud that on many levels.

Take that money and reform the middle east instead. Iraq, Afghanistan...whatever...step one.

I'm failing to see your logic in that we're making money of the misfortune of others in this Iraq war...this war is costing us out the ass! Me, Johnny Taxpayer...when i personally will gain nothing from the war itself. Those people are better off without Saddam, no matter how you try and slice it, and i paid for that to happen. Money well spent imo.

Comment

• krelm
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Re: michael moore cant handle his own medicine

Originally posted by cosmo
                          There is a difference between the left, and the far-left. In this case, the left criticized the far left.
                          Ah, so the "far-left" are the thought police. Still doesn't make me feel better about the original article, and doesn't fix my concerns about the book.

I think we've already dont that. His movie has been minimized to horse sh*t.
                          I should have been more clear. The discourse on this board has been (thankfully) fairly informative, straight-facts, and on-the-money. At least for the most party - when people aren't wishing death upon Moore. But that is light years from the trash that gets published in the media - on both sides. However, that goes to my overall beef with the media which is a whole different topic. :?

Also referring to criticism of Moore in general (the subject of the book and article), not just this movie.

----

FWIW, I saw the movie last night - it's definitely entertaining (Moore is great at that), but there was really nothing shocking or damning in it, and there were so many points where it was obviously a spin and clever editing/selection. He took a bunch of "no-duh" points and blew them way out of proportion - my lord, there are business interests playing in the government?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? OH MY GOD! Who wudda thunk it?! Corruption as usual - sucks, but not shocking.

But aside from the "un-censored" military record of Bush that Moore obtained in 2001 (which lead to conclusions which are well-documented elsewhere), there really just wasn't anything that people couldn't go out and find for themselves.

Didn't piss me off, didn't inspire me. It left about as lasting of an impression on me as the first Spiderman movie that I watched the night before. Probably even less so due to the constant attention to Kirsten Dunst's rack in Spiderman.
                          Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
                          www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
                          - Stimutacs

Comment

Working...