• Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Christopher Lawrence On Today

Tuesday, June 14th...

Flooressence proudly presents

Voted the #7 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine?s prestigious ?Top 100? poll for 2004 and a recent winner of the "Best DJ" award at the Dancestar US Awards, Christopher Lawrence is recognized worldwide as one of the World's top DJs and producers. Dubbed "A Superstar DJ" by the US?s URB and ?One Of The Most Popular DJs On The Global Circuit? by DJ Magazine, Christopher Lawrence is one of the biggest, most respected and popular names in dance music today.

Winner of the ?Best American DJ? at the IDMA?s at WMC 2005, Christopher's production skills, coupled with his ability to take international dancefloors by storm with his tough techno trance sets, place him in high demand worldwide. Once an outsider in a world dominated by European and UK DJs, Lawrence has risen to the top of the international dance music heap. He is now considered one of the key global players and one America?s leading dance music exports, playing main stage at the world?s biggest festivals and superclubs. Christopher was the only US DJ invited to headline all three of the inaugural Ministry Of Sound, Cream and Gatecrasher tours of America.

Described as an "All Round International Jetsetting Superstar" by M8, Christopher clocks up over 250,000 frequent flyer miles a year and a list of international events too long to mention. Christopher cites recent favorites as Englands? Global Gathering, Malaysia?s official Grand Prix party, Belgium?s Antwerp is Burning, Australia?s ?Two Tribes?, Netherland?s Extrema, Hong Kong?s HITEC and Tokyo?s Ageha. No stranger to jetlag, Christopher has toured Europe, China, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, Peru, Puerto Rico, Japan, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Colombia, El Salvador, Panama and Canada in the past year alone.

Meanwhile, back in the US, Christopher continues to be one of the countries most in demand DJs. Voted #9 in BPM Magazine?s influential ?America's Favorite DJ? poll for 2005, he headlines high profile events from Arnold Schwazzeneger?s ?Terminator III? party to Sony?s ?Playstation 2 Tour?, along with clubbing highlights at New York?s Avalon and Los Angeles Gods Kitchen to California?s famed Coachella festival to name but a few.

In the late nineties, Christopher established himself as one of the US's biggest selling DJs selling over a quarter of a million mix CDs following a string of record breaking releases including 'Rise', 'Temptation', 'Christopher Lawrence Presents Hook Recordings?, ?Empire? And 'Around The World'. In 2001, Christopher continued to smash sales records when his mix 'United States Of Trance' debuted and remained in the Top Ten US Dance Charts alongside Moby, Chemical Bros And Fatboy Slim. Christopher's most recent mix ?Exposure IV' has been described by Remix as ?The U.S. Trance Master?s peak-of-career mix? - reiterating the fact that Christopher continues to be one of the World's most evolving and respected DJs.

On the big screen, Christopher has appeared in ?Midsumernight's Rave', as well the documentaries ?Liquid Vinyl?, 'Intellect', ?Put The Needle On The Record?, ?World Party On Tour? and ?American Massive? to name a few.

In the world of international dance culture, there are DJs who are leaders and those who are followers. Christopher Lawrence is a true leader.

www.christopherlawrence.com

This show airs Tuesday, June 14th on www.mercurysessions.com at 12pm Pacific / 3pm Eastern / 7pm GMT.

Don't Miss It!!

Providing Aural Satisfaction
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Christopher Lawrence On Today

EH?!

I cannot believe no-ones had even responded to this thread...c'mon peeps, it Chris Lawrence we're talking about here! Tune in or I'll have your asses on my BBQ tonight
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• honeyL
      Getting Somewhere
      • Aug 2003

Thanks for the heads up Phil. I'll be tuned in!
      Doesn't mean I am weird and it doesn't mean I need to be in therapy. www.aaronmossey.com

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

most folks here aren't in to trance.
        nice to see such a large name on our playlist though.

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

^ Jib, I think you hit the nail on the head. No offense to phil or Christopher Lawerence but I could care less.
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• palmer
            Retired or Simply Important
            • Jun 2004

I will be checking it out for sure. You never know. I haven't heard a set or anything from chris in ages.

WELCOME BACK PHIL!
            todayistomorrow
            art direction | design | animation

Comment

• CSquare
              Addiction started
              • Jul 2004

not a fan of trance anymore but for some reason, i'm always down to listen to cl.

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Shiz...didn't know it was trance...Oh well, everyone deserves a shot eh? lol

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• ubiqe
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

@ yao.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Jjajaja thankx Ubique...TomTom has been breaking my balls over this

I feel like I've been violated by Tiesticle himself. I need an 8-hr shower with lots of soap...

Comment

• CLAYTONBIGSBY
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jun 2005

wouldn't call CL a trance DJ. That's an insult to him. Anyone who's seen a live set knows it's way beyond that. He's in his own category. Can you tell I'm biased?

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

LOL

totally, but that's okay. Everyone's biased here ;-)

Anyway, I'm gonna download the mix and give it a listen, just to be able to give a proper rating.

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by Yao
                            Jjajaja thankx Ubique...TomTom has been breaking my balls over this

Comment

• Michael Lanning
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by CLAYTONBIGSBY
                              wouldn't call CL a trance DJ. That's an insult to him. Anyone who's seen a live set knows it's way beyond that. He's in his own category. Can you tell I'm biased?
                              agreed... I remember listening to trance sets from Lawrence ages ago, but recently I've heard him play some great progressive.
                              Michael Lanning - Brahma
                              Sentient Audio Collective
                              www.sentientaudiocollective.com

Comment

Working...