X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

toasty and whoever else uses Westlaw

dig up this one. its brand new and from Suffolk county NY.

dont know the case number, and i dont plan on finding it , but... here

renard holder of wyndanch was at home sleeping.
    3 armed men break into his home where his g/f and child are sleeping.
    he shoots and kills one of the men who broke in.
    other two are caught as well

well, we go off to suffolk court in Hauppaugue.

the dead guy obviously gets off.
    the two assailants get 5 years probation

renard holder.

you know its coming

almost

6 years in prison for having a non registered gun. all because he defended his family in thier home.........

hammurabi's code made more sense than the american legal system (excluding Loiusiana and Texas.... only they have laws that make sense)
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Thank Dieu for the Napoleonic Code.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Re: toasty and whoever else uses Westlaw

I wasn't able to find the case (might be too new). It seemed fucked up, though, and piqued my curiosity, so I got to poking around and did find this:

June 14, 2005

WYANDANCH

Plea in killing of home invader

A North Babylon man who shot and killed one of three armed intruders trying to rob his home was sentenced to 6 months in jail yesterday for illegally possessing a weapon.

As part of a plea agreement, Suffolk County Court Judge Gary Weber also sentenced Renard Holder, 26, to 5 years probation. Holder was living in Wyandanch with his girlfriend and young children on Sept. 4 when he heard strange noises outside his home. Authorities said Raymond Brown, 21, Tyrell Rudolph and David Belford were all carrying guns and were there to steal money and drugs from Holder, who admitted to authorities that he dealt in crack cocaine.

Holder said he was only trying to scare away the invaders when he fired several shots from a 45-caliber semi-automatic pistol, but one hit Brown, 21, of Brentwood, killing him.

"He was using an illegal handgun to protect an illegal criminal enterprise in a residential neighborhood," prosecutor John Scott Prudenti said after the sentencing.

Brown's mother, Michelle Pritchard, spoke before the sentencing yesterday, angered over the slaying of her only son and saying nobody could be sure of Brown's intentions that night.

Rudolph was shot and killed trying to break into another home in Wyandanch in February. Belford has been charged in connection with the home invasion of Holder.
      Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

Looks like he entered into a plea for that as opposed to being sentenced as we typically think of that word being used, so it's kinda his own damn fault, IMO. Or his lawyer's. In any event, it was 6 months, which is a lot less severe...

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not feeling too much sympathy for the guy. I kinda echo the words of the prosecutor...

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

almost felt bad for Holder til i read he was a crack dealer.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Bitch is lucky he only got 6 months.

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

wow, i saw 6 years over at news 12 (long island news). thier fault. either way, the robbers got of mighty easily
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• miketpoto
              Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
              • Jan 2005

I'm confused...... what happened to all the crack, where is that now? Do i still have to pay if he is in jail?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

June 14, 2005

Authorities said Raymond Brown, 21, Tyrell Rudolph and David Belford were all carrying guns and were there to steal money and drugs from Holder, who admitted to authorities that he dealt in crack cocaine.
                Rudolph was shot and killed trying to break into another home in Wyandanch in February. Belford has been charged in connection with the home invasion of Holder.
                huh?

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                  huh?
                  This case is from September when Brown was the one killed. After that, in February, one of the other burglars, Rudolph, was killed.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

Comment

Working...