• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Valid or not?

How Casual Sex Can Affect Our Mental Health | Psychology Today

What say you? I think "yes" there could be a correlation between cas sex and depression. But on the flip side, there's a lot of people who feel depressed because they ain't getting any. But maybe if the "any" were with a wife/husband or committed relationship that would solve that.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Valid or not?

The researchers have no credibility although it's an interesting question; their study and the wording of it is a sign of an uneducated society indicative of why people like Cosby, who probably told himself he was just having "casual hookups," aren't in prison. Rape is not just "non-consensual sex," it's assault and is a violent act. Why would they include that? reprehensible, imo.

Yea there probably is a link between having been sexually assaulted and depression. duh There is also a genetic predisposition to depression and sometimes a chemical imbalance component to depression. Linking depression to the behavior of casual sex by college students is a worthy discussion, but at a more educated/realistic level than this offers and not by concluding that if someone is married or in a committed relationship, they're sexual needs are met and, therefore, they would be less susceptible to depression, that's just ludicrous. Marriage isn't entered into with any guarantees of that nature. lol Relationships are emotional.

Shocking to me it's from Psych Today.

Comment

Working...