X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Forum Remix

I'm seeing some nice new "advances" in forum functionalities, like the ability to refer to @username and it'll notify the user of the mention. The newer (to me) forum softwares feel very modern, nimble and light, very Web 2.0 web-app-esque like when Gmail was first built with AJAX and it felt so cool.

IIRC the last time we did a big overhaul of the forum we were mostly freaking out about the color scheme.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unkle
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Mar 2007

Mmm, I dont know, the black background with orange is like a classic of this place,
      the new one looks pretty good but seems like any other forum out there,
      and You have to considered the functionality in the process too.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Micko
        My thoughts exactly

I'm a fiend for the black background
        Ditto!

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by feather
          I'm seeing some nice new "advances" in forum functionalities
          vBulletin Forum Features
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

As much as I love the black blackground.... a change would be good.
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the way this forum appears

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

ya - no point in changing to that imo

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

cant help it, if I upgrade the software, the look is included.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

I am a fan of that old easy chair i've got in the corner of my den. I've got new chairs of varying fabrics, a new modern sectional couch with a pleasing woven pattern of fine thread; I've got some pretty comfortable dining chairs built from natural cherry wood covered in a similar fine woven wool as the couch where we spend hours upon hours hanging out with friends drinking wine, listening to music, playing cards, sitting around the table I refinished myself. At the end of the day, after friends leave and my wife goes to bed, I retire to that old easy chair in the corner of the room because nothing fits me like the curves of that old chair that i've had for years- it's comforting, I know it, it's familiar, there isn't a damn thing wrong with that chair, when i sit in it all of the days problems melt away; I wouldn't change anything about that chair.

If I walked in from work one evening next week and someone had put new upholstery on the chair, added new foam to give it more support, installed a new reclining feature so that I could not only sit in that chair, but lay down should the mood strike me, maybe a place was added for the remote to rest, a plug in and a nice pocket for my tablet...

I reckon i'd take that chair out to my yard and light the fucking thing on fire. That's not my chair.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

I honestly think we're more concerned about the look and feel. On the best days we're starting threads and posting pictures and abusing each other.

Normal usage of MS has not required new features and we won't miss what we never had. Unless new features include a better Ignore function like someone else was asking.

Instead that new look could be quite off-putting and alienating (to me anyway).

But it IS a pity to not use paid-for software, especially when it came out of your own pocket.

Is there a way to easily migrate the look or turn it into a theme that is easier to implement with this and future upgrades?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jenks
                        I am a fan of that old easy chair i've got in the corner of my den. I've got new chairs of varying fabrics, a new modern sectional couch with a pleasing woven pattern of fine thread; I've got some pretty comfortable dining chairs built from natural cherry wood covered in a similar fine woven wool as the couch where we spend hours upon hours hanging out with friends drinking wine, listening to music, playing cards, sitting around the table I refinished myself. At the end of the day, after friends leave and my wife goes to bed, I retire to that old easy chair in the corner of the room because nothing fits me like the curves of that old chair that i've had for years- it's comforting, I know it, it's familiar, there isn't a damn thing wrong with that chair, when i sit in it all of the days problems melt away; I wouldn't change anything about that chair.

If I walked in from work one evening next week and someone had put new upholstery on the chair, added new foam to give it more support, installed a new reclining feature so that I could not only sit in that chair, but lay down should the mood strike me, maybe a place was added for the remote to rest, a plug in and a nice pocket for my tablet...

I reckon i'd take that chair out to my yard and light the fucking thing on fire. That's not my chair.

one of the best posts ever - and I agree completely with the sentiment.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2014

for over a year I was able to post nonsense pics anytime/any thread, but now always get the double attachment even after trying to toggle the switch of "retrieve remote file" which doesn't stop it from happening either way.

bickering is fine, but the language some use just gets out of control (like today). are there no boundaries for posts here? gutter-posts freeforall it seems & misogyny

these are the only things that sometimes keep me offline

really like the black background and would hate to see that change.
                          love the music, love the fun spirit, am trying to spend less time on computers though

feather nailed my sentiments exactly

Comment

• audrey_w
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                            are there no boundaries for posts here? gutter-posts freeforall it seems & misogyny

these are the only things that sometimes keep me offline
                            There are rules yes, but they don't apply to everyone from what i've seen

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Every now and then a member will take out their life's frustrations on members here, I used to years ago when I was frustrated with my work, but I stopped. And while I do appreciate British dry humor, irony and slang, sometimes it's abit much. But water under the bridge now. Also ignore function works well if you allow it to.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

^^ But Canadian filth is OK ?? And American passive aggressive bullshit ?? The ignore function is kidding yourself
                                Originally posted by TheVrk
                                it IS incredible isn't it??
                                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...