X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balanc3
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: drivers license and ID scanners at clubs

Tampa is testing grounds for experimental big brother technology. It was one of the first cities to tryout face recognition in the States. I'm not at all surprised by this, I've had my ID swiped plenty of times at the liqour store. Even had a friend locked in ABC for using a fake after they swiped it.
    JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• lmmadic
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

that's some crasy shit.
      what happened to land of the free?
      you are free to do as you're government tells you, that's about it.
      thank god things aren't like that over here.
      sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• threehills
        I heart Lollergirl
        • Jun 2005

I'd be real curious to see if that arrest holds up in 7-11. I used to be a cop and that employee has no right to detainee you, unless he committed a crime in the store, aka citizens arrest.

I think the clubs should be able to swipe IDs. They have a right to cover their ass against law suits, just like you have a right to go to another club if you don't like it. That said, only limited infomation should be able to be obtained from a strip ideally, primiarly just your name and date of birth.
        It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
          That said, only limited infomation should be able to be obtained from a strip ideally, primiarly just your name and date of birth.
          Exactly. And if anyone has ever looked at the swiper mechanism, that's all that shows up. Not saying that the makers of these devices haven't set them up to obtain more without your knowing, but I find that highly unlikely.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• 13kickdrums
            Getting Somewhere
            • May 2005

Originally posted by skahound
            Originally posted by threehills
            That said, only limited infomation should be able to be obtained from a strip ideally, primiarly just your name and date of birth.
            Exactly. And if anyone has ever looked at the swiper mechanism, that's all that shows up. Not saying that the makers of these devices haven't set them up to obtain more without your knowing, but I find that highly unlikely.

did you go to the web site i linked? they can get everything..what a great marketing tool for the club to sell this info to magazines, etc. we are a demographic and thats worth money. those machines are promoted to record the info..the small of it is that it makes it easy to check validity of the ID.

so the situation is..heres my ID and i trust you with my social security number, digital pic, and digital signature because youre a night club and night clubs are our societies epicenter of morality.

Comment

• supaz
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

How in the hell would the 7/11 situation hold up in court?

Are all 7/11's linked to a central police database?

How come this hasn't been on the news?

Comment

Working...