X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Steve Lawler to remix title track of new film

Looks like Mr. Lawler is being handed the reigns to remix the title track of a new supernatural thriller called 'The Skeleton Key'. The director Iain Softley personally approached Steve to do it. I saw the preview for the film and it looked like it could be good, although I can't stand that tart Kate Hudson. Anyway, it's got a pretty solid cast:

Gena Rowlands
    John Hurt
    Peter Sarsgaard

and the director has also done: 'K-Pax' and 'Hackers' among others. Should be interesting. Release date in the US is August 12 and UK is August 19 which isn't a very good sign. Typically, if a movie is released at the end of the Summer movie season like that it means that it hasn't tested well so far - they're trying to salvage whatever is left of the season. If it had been testing well with audiences they would've pushed for an earlier release (probably mid-July) to capitalize a bit more.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • rewing3
    I really don't care
    • Jun 2004

Interesting. Let just hope Steve does not go oakey on us and sell his soul to hollywood.
    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• LV-8
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: Steve Lawler to remix title track of new film

I hope he doesn't go Oakey on the track.

Comment

• 13kickdrums
        Getting Somewhere
        • May 2005

Originally posted by rewing3
        Interesting. Let just hope Steve does not go oakey on us and sell his soul to hollywood.
        the film industry is an amazing outlet for a producer....being oakenfold and doing films are two independent items...

youll see alot more of this type of thing in the future with electonic producers, its just a good fit.

i would love to work in 5.1 environment. anyone know if dreamworks is hiring....

Comment

• palmer
          Retired or Simply Important
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 13kickdrums
          anyone know if dreamworks is hiring....
          they are but not in the audio dept....
          todayistomorrow
          art direction | design | animation

Comment

• qwerty2222
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
            i really doubt it, steve lawler is one of the few remaining djs who over the years remained constant to their style and deliverd solid dance music, nothing comercial
            i'm really pleased to hear he's doing that track, i bet it will be one solid dark tribal, like he has always done

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

he's only remixing it....it doesn't say that they'll play his track in the movie....however, after watching the preview, if Lawler's track was going to be put in the film, it would fit perfectly....come on now...tribalesque house in a movie about voodoo in Louisiana....don't tell me that doesn't fit.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Pataky P
                asdf_imo
                • Jun 2004

Thanks the many info!!
                This is very intresting...And i like his music!!

Comment

Working...