• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Digweed shares Renaissance The Mix Collection 2 CD 1 on Soundcloud

20th anniversary.

https://soundcloud.com/john-digweed/john-digweed-the-mix-collection-part-2-cd1

Surprised Soundcloud allowed it to stay up

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Digweed shares Renaissance The Mix Collection 2 CD 1 on Soundcloud

I'm sure most do.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Might be testing the waters to see if there's interest in a re-release.
      Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Back then Renaissance was still around, that's the only reason. In the past John posted his Journey By DJ CD, labels don't exist anymore, both out of print. But I'm surprised that many of you don't have the cd.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

yea but to many, it's completely new to them (like me)

maybe there's a statute of limitations --if the mix is at least 20 yrs old & posted by the original dj, it can stay?
          (like if a photo > 70 yrs old, it's copyright is voided... census records open after 72 yrs... published writing = life of author + 70 yrs)

betting they remove it sometime soon

Comment

Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Urban Guerrilla
            I think it is safe to say, this will not get a re-release. They were lucky with The Mix Collection, a year or two later and it would have never seen a re-release.
            I don't know dude, I agree it could be a long shot, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. If there was enough interest, someone might decide to put down the coin and try to see if they can cash in on it.
            Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

Comment

• sbando
              Going back to Romford
              • Apr 2008

It belongs to Renaissance!
              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
                Your point being? It's not like they've been putting out anything as of late. Why would they hang on to rights on something that they can't put out, especially if someone else might want to offer them the money to do so? They'd be hanging on to the rights of an out of print CD comp, when the means of distribution have changed and become far easier (and in some cases, cheaper) to do. I'd be interested in picking up a re-issue, I think other peeps might be too that missed out on the first run when it was put out.

I'm not saying that this is a foregone conclusion that it's going to happen, but I don't think they posted CD1 just out of nostalgia. Remember that the Live In series for Digweed started out as being top Transitions sets that he could cash in on.

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

Lol, what are you talking about? Renaissance doesn't exist anymore. But let's say Geoff Oakes shares the original master with Label X (why would he to begin with?). You will have to check if you still have clearance for all tracks, a tad complicated after 20 years. You'll need a new master anyway. But if John wants to do it, that'd be great.

Last year John posted the second CD from the original Renaissance, a few years ago he played the Journey By DJ cd in a Kiss FM episode. So it's ok because the owner won't report Digweed's post.
                  ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Renaissance doesn't exist anymore.
                    Lol, what are you talking about?
                    might want to ask yourself the same question.

C'mon, figuring out getting how to get clearance on the tracks wouldn't be that tough.

Comment

• sbando
                      Going back to Romford
                      • Apr 2008

Don't play with words, as I've just said, that would be up to Geoff. Name one out-of-print mix cd that has been reprinted by a different label, ever.

But of course you all have a mint copy of the original .
                      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Don't play with words,

Yes, quoting your own words and your own contradictions is playing with them.

Jesus Christ.

as I've just said, that would be up to Geoff. Name one out-of-print mix cd that has been reprinted by a different label, ever.
                        So what if it's never been done before? Just because no one's tried it before, doesn't mean that there's no way it's could to happen.

But of course you all have a mint copy of the original .
                        Please dude, what the fuck are you going on about? The relevance of this statement to what's being discussed is as silly as it is childish.
                        Last edited by el presidente Highsteppa; October 17, 2015, 07:17:08 PM.

Comment

• sbando
                          Going back to Romford
                          • Apr 2008

You are one dense individual. Ok, it's as you say.
                          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• audrey_w
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jan 2013

You are one dense individual. Ok, it's as you say.

Yeah he's a fucking bell end, don't get involved Sband

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

He reminds me of a Python's sketch where people pay to have verbal fights.
                              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Working...