• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Wildlife photographer of the year 2015

A tale of two foxes

From a distance, Don could see that the red fox was chasing something across the snow. As he got closer, he realised the prey, now dead, was an Arctic fox. For three hours in temperatures of -30 degrees Centigrade Don stayed at the scene, until the red fox, finally sated, picked up the eviscerated carcass and dragged it away to store for later. In the Canadian tundra, global warming is extending the range of red foxes northwards, where they increasingly cross paths with their smaller relatives, the Arctic fox. For Arctic foxes, red foxes now represent not just their main competitor – both hunt small animals such as lemmings – but also their main predator. Few actual kills by red foxes have been witnessed so far, but it is likely that conflicts between the two mammals will become more common.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/wpy/galle...two-foxes.html

Adult awards | 2015 | Wildlife Photographer of the Year

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Wildlife photographer of the year 2015

interesting

thanks for posting that link to the contest winners; some incredible wildlife photos.
    not very good at it, but I like photographing wildlife.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

^^ exactly how many aliases have you created, 20?

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather

A tale of two foxes

From a distance, Don could see that the red fox was chasing something across the snow. As he got closer, he realised the prey, now dead, was an Arctic fox. For three hours in temperatures of -30 degrees Centigrade Don stayed at the scene, until the red fox, finally sated, picked up the eviscerated carcass and dragged it away to store for later. In the Canadian tundra, global warming is extending the range of red foxes northwards, where they increasingly cross paths with their smaller relatives, the Arctic fox. For Arctic foxes, red foxes now represent not just their main competitor – both hunt small animals such as lemmings – but also their main predator. Few actual kills by red foxes have been witnessed so far, but it is likely that conflicts between the two mammals will become more common.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/wpy/galle...two-foxes.html

Adult awards | 2015 | Wildlife Photographer of the Year
        That is just unbelievably sad.
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Very, but the photographer picked the perfect moment to compose the photo.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^Absolutely stunning photograph made all the more powerful by the underlying message.

I can't believe one of the comments castigated him because it wasn't "beautiful and pleasant"
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...