Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Re: Nonsense Thread

The North Pole is melting

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                  The North Pole is melting

If you think these images from the North Pole look more like a lake than the snow-covered expanse you'd expect, that because it is is—the North Pole has melted.

It's not, perhaps, quite as dramatic as it sounds. April saw the ninth heaviest snow cover on record measured in the Arctic, covering the Pole in more of the white stuff than it's seen in a long ol' time. But by May, temperatures increased and almost half the cover melted.

Throughout July temperatures have been uncharacteristically high—up to 1-3°C higher than usual on July 13th, for instance—and the result has been an abrupt thaw of the snow cover that was left. These images, acquired from the North Pole Environmental Observatory, show the thaw in progress, between June 30th and July 25th.

It's worth pointing out that this isn't the first time there's been a meltwater lake at the North Pole, nor is it the worst (it's also worth pointing out that this is just at the pole, and not across the entire ice cap). And we certainly shouldn't draw climate change conclusions from what is realistically one data point. But it should at least make us think about what we're doing to the planet.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• nick007
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• go0gle
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2007

from q3 today

Comment

• unkle
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Mar 2007

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by nick007
                            you know what I found oddly amusing, is that the poster who got all those likes, failed to realize that when the sun actually dies the over-inflated helium atomic death (better known as the red-sun death), it will actually expand to the size where it will come very close to the moon or, if calculations get very accurate, consume the moon all together and get very close to the earth's crust (the jury's still out where it will make contact with the earth).

How would ANY bomb shelter (even miles below the earth's surface), survive a star who's exterior is where the upper-stratosphere is. Any possible solar-maximus would fry everything on earth with radiation so strong, lord knows what the non-contact neutrinos (at this distance) would do when they make contact with the earth (the movie 2012 could likely make sense now)

And all they could argue about is Call of Duty? That really chuckles. Bacteria will be toast in sub-bacteria world. Lord knows if quantum physics will make sense as the sun approached supernova at this point.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

Originally posted by clintlove
                              If you think these images from the North Pole look more like a lake than the snow-covered expanse you'd expect, that because it is is—the North Pole has melted.

It's not, perhaps, quite as dramatic as it sounds. April saw the ninth heaviest snow cover on record measured in the Arctic, covering the Pole in more of the white stuff than it's seen in a long ol' time. But by May, temperatures increased and almost half the cover melted.

Throughout July temperatures have been uncharacteristically high—up to 1-3°C higher than usual on July 13th, for instance—and the result has been an abrupt thaw of the snow cover that was left. These images, acquired from the North Pole Environmental Observatory, show the thaw in progress, between June 30th and July 25th.

It's worth pointing out that this isn't the first time there's been a meltwater lake at the North Pole, nor is it the worst (it's also worth pointing out that this is just at the pole, and not across the entire ice cap). And we certainly shouldn't draw climate change conclusions from what is realistically one data point. But it should at least make us think about what we're doing to the planet.
                              Yep, sun-cycles (star bursts) and raising of earth's temperatures / vaporization of river-levels have been recorded and deduced from various experiments on earth, so that factoid is pretty much a given. It's just awesome to see it in action. The Universe has so much more to deliver than the piddly scientific deductions of a 20,000 year old species we call modern-man.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• floridaorange
                                I'm merely a humble butler
                                • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...