X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacific493
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Sasha Last Night (6.17.05)

I caught Sasha last night in Charlotte, NC. It was the first time I'd seen him since the twilo 2nd anniversary party in 1999. He never fails to amaze. The music was great.

The party was at Menage, which wasn't the best venue to see Sasha, but after seeing him and John at Twilo on a monthly basis, it's hard to imagine what could compare. The club got way packed and was not laid out well for a "dj as rock-star" event where everyone is focused intently on the dj booth.

I wasn't too into Paolo Mojo, but loved Sasha's set.
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Awesome to hear. People have been praising Sasha left and right about his recent shows.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

.jpg proof plz

Comment

• pacific493
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha Last Night (6.17.05)

They're not mine, but here's an album of pics from the party...I even ended up in a few though I didn't know the guy taking the pics.

Comment

• ubiqe
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

A free lesson? :wink:

Comment

• rewing3
            I really don't care
            • Jun 2004

Sounds like you a had time. Nice to hear sasha is still on fire. Some of the recent I have heard from hear have been pretty good.
            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Duff McKagin
              Gold Gabber
              • Sep 2004

i just saw him this morning with steve lawler and paolo mojo at Toronto's Guvernment complex which has a great sound system. paolo's set was ok and ended very well for sasha. when sasha came on he clapped for paolo and brought him back up front and held his arm up for him which i thought was pretty sweet. sasha started out with an insane 3-4 minute break which finally erupted into that track (i dont know the name) that digweed dropped this year at midnight new year's eve with the countdown to liftoff. sasha;s set was awesome, but lawler came on at 3 and completely stole the show. fuck, his set was sick and really had control of the dancefloor playing deep tribal house. sasha came back on around 4:30 and proceeded to kill it until around 6 i think. i left around 5:30 but i think they opened the skybar at 6 for sasha and lawler to tag team for a few hours. either way, great night, amazing music.
              -ryan
              Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                Gold Gabber
                • Sep 2004

haha, holy fuck i cant believe i forgot about this. as i was walking to the exit around 5:30 am there was this group of asain people standing near these two tiny asian men talking shit to each other in a foriegn language. and the one guy dipped down out of nowhere and fucking karate kicked the other one in the chest and sent him flying about 10 feet back. then they all started trying to go at it but the enormous bouncers were holding them back like ragdolls. we got out of there and proceeded to piss our pants laughing for the next 2 hours. i've neen seen anyone get karate kicked before on a serious level. fucking hilarious.
                -ryan
                Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

pacific, thx for the .jpg proof.

duff, how the hell can you leave such a phat party?

Comment

• Pataky P
                    asdf_imo
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks the links guys!!!I like it!! :P
                    I love his music!!!He is a very good DJ!!!

Comment

• live1
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jun 2004

Sasha rules......but I'm cracking up at the karate kick story. I envisioned it all and wished so bad I could've seen it. Do you have a video? Haha. please post the link.

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Sep 2004

no sorry i dont have a video, but i wish i did because i would watch it all day everday for a month. and jib, i had to leave because one ride left at 5:30 and the other was leaving at like 9, and it's a 2 hour drive back to buffalo and i had father's day shit going on. trust me i wish that i could have stayed and partied with lawler on the skybar all morning!
                        Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

Working...