The Groove used to be pretty freakin cool back then huh? Digweed played there, but I missed it. I got the set, but the sound quality blows...sounds like someone had a mic on the floor.
Anthony Pappa
Collapse
X
-
yep i was at that digweed show too. i moved to orlando the week of the digweed party, so it was a nice welcome to town.
we went there a lot of times after that. digs, pappa, quivver, cannalte.
ICON was having some good parties back then too.
afraid orlando's prime time is long gone, but its nice to see theres still some dank little parties happening from time to time.
here's a couple shots from the digweed party:


Comment
-
I must agree with you man.Anthony Pappa moved into another style.Don't really like it.I missed his deep, dark sets...!Originally posted by rewing3He used to be an amazing dj. Now I think he is rather boring. I have not heard a good set by him since 2002. He spins to many commercized tracks instead of the dark beats that he used to through down.Don't take life too Seriously!!!Comment
-
[quote="Jibgolly"]yep i was at that digweed show too. i moved to orlando the week of the digweed party, so it was a nice welcome to town.
we went there a lot of times after that. digs, pappa, quivver, cannalte.
ICON was having some good parties back then too.
afraid orlando's prime time is long gone, but its nice to see theres still some dank little parties happening from time to time.
not that you were saying it was, but the groove and ICON do not represent Orlandos prime time. that would be undoubtably the days of 'Ahhz' with Kimball/Cannalte before things shut down for good at 2 or 3.
those are awesome pics of that night, jib! i was there too. it was the first time i saw him in a regular night club til 2am type setting. i remember thinking that it was good to be able to see him but awfully non-underground.Comment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
After GU nubreed? He's released a CD called Resolutions, which most people found to be pretty average. CD2 was alright. And more recently he released a CD in the Balance series (number 6 I believe, the one after Holden) which is a pretty awesome CD and worth checking out. Not sure whether or not he's done a Renaissance since then, I don't think he has.Originally posted by 13kickdrumsthat is awesome. ive never got so much info from you!!Originally posted by Pataky P?lHe is a great j,but i don't like his music somethimes..he play very heavy,or hard music for me.. :cry:
pappa has been a quiet individual lately. unless ive missed something after the GU CD. i would love to catch up with a set from pappa. please go and let us know how hes doin these days
As for mixes I recommend you check out his 3 part mix from a set he played at Sweetchilli here in Sydney last year. You should be able to find it pretty easily on Soulseek."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
I'm constantly amazed by Pappa's mixing skills - i would love to be as dedicated as him behind the decks.
Never had the pleasure of seeing him live, but his mix cds are great-Resolutions wasnt well received and was a little dark, but balance 6 was awesome, especially CD1.Not too sure about this new classics thing he's releasing with Renaissance, but he's still a top dj in my bookComment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
Yes I think most people don't realize how talented he really is at mixingOriginally posted by GregWhelanI'm constantly amazed by Pappa's mixing skills - i would love to be as dedicated as him behind the decks.
he's still a top dj in my book
and tweaking the mixer. He is technically gifted and has some very deep mixes.
Comment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
He has his own style, he?s unique. Perfect mixes, he?s sets sound like one piece. Techno, break, very dark, love his music.It´s a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
A bunch of friends of mine went to that...said it was awesome. I saw him at Icon about 4 years ago and he rocked it. Always does IMO.Originally posted by Jibgollyi was at both of those shows too.Originally posted by supazI saw him at the Groove (Universal Studios - Orlando) about 3 years ago...rocked it.
Quivver was there the following weekend and ripped the roof off...amazing night. Too bad the Groove sold out and it's really lame there now.
Let your friends hear Balance 006. Anyone who likes music and parties should be able to appreciate that piece of work.Comment
-
Re: Anthony Pappa
Living in FL for 75% of my life you would have figured I went to some of those, but I never did. A bunch of my friends in high school used to go to Firestone almost every weekend but they were hardcore goths and I wasn't about to go be goth with them somewhere.
Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,514
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment