X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Civic_Zen
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Addicted to Refuse

A letter written to the Denver Post by a friend of mine. One thing I'd like to point out is that Adrian is not a conservative. He is independent, and may even lean more toward the liberal side of things.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:01 AM
    To: 'openforum@denverpost.com'
    Subject: Addicted to Refuse

How long will we be addicted to yellow journalism? How long will we enthrone and stuff the pockets of people whose only talent lies in making other people look bad in public? That Michael Moore's muckraking travesty is soaring to the top of the charts says very bad things about our future. What's worse is that many people actually believe that his causes are just and based on righteous tenets. There have been other people who were vocal in their denouncement of capitalism and their favor toward communism, but never before have we allowed such a person to attain such heights of influence and wealth (a wealthy communist?). If any of his predictions regarding the collapse of our country come true, his efforts will have had a large part in bringing them about.

Don't get me wrong...I don't support Bush any more than I support Moore. I just detest people (like Moore) who are the social/political equivalent of the ambulance-chaser. They come running in on the heels of tragedy, publicly hurling blame with little or no proof and often with generous amounts of outright deception, and because people are so shocked and eager to blame someone, they follow like sheep. It's what he did with Columbine, and he's doing it again with 9/11. To me, Michael Moore is the human (is he???) equivalent of Napoleon the pig, as depicted in Animal Farm - the silver-tongued devil, convincing and coercing his fellow livestock to march blindly to their doom, all in the name of freedom and justice.

Adrian R.
    "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
    "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
    - Thomas Jefferson
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Addicted to Refuse

Wow...get your boy to join [ms] man!!!! Very well written and thought out.

A wealthy communist indeed.

Comment

• mylexicon
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
      This is what a lot of average everyday working people don't understand about
      communitarian style of government. You should never ever ever trust a wealthy
      person who talks about workers rights and more economic controls. As Joseph
      Schumpeter and communist Russia have taught us......wealthy elite members
      of society will rise to the top and excel no matter what political
      structure is in place. And in non-democratic communitarian societies, the
      elites frequently rise above accountablility as well.
      Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• cosmo
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon
        This is what a lot of average everyday working people don't understand about
        communitarian style of government. You should never ever ever trust a wealthy
        person who talks about workers rights and more economic controls. As Joseph
        Schumpeter and communist Russia have taught us......wealthy elite members
        of society will rise to the top and excel no matter what political
        structure is in place. And in non-democratic communitarian societies, the
        elites frequently rise above accountablility as well.

*clears throat*

John Kerry..

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Wow...get your boy to join [ms] man!!!! Very well written and thought out.

Ya I've been trying to get him to join up. We will see.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...