• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjacobtodd
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

HABERSHAM & JACOB TODD "Nevermore" !!PROMOS OUT

Hello everybody!

Just some words to let you know promo vynils of HABERSHAM & JACOB TODD "Nevermore" are now available!

It features Original & Kosmas Epsilon Remix.

You can get your copy at:
    Vinyl records, DJ equipment and studio equipment at low prices. Same-day despatch and free shipping on many products.

We are doing some maintenance on our site. Please come back later.

Chris Lake remix is also exclusively available at www.beatport.com

MP3s of all mixes coming on July 11th at EDM, Beatport, DJ Download etc..
    Official Vynil Release on July 11th 2005

Plays & Support from Sasha, G-Pal, CP, Greg Benz, Shiloh, John Askew, Mike Hiratzka, Steve May, Lance Cashion...

"Great release ! like all the mixes. I am not too much into breaks but this one is great.love the CHRIS LAKE remix ! 8 out of 10 will play for sure." G.PAL

"Original Mix is awesome.. if i heard it out and didnt know it - its trademark Damon & Jake! Amazing stuff.. raw kick & percussion (from Damon i think) and beautiful synths (from Jake prolly) - great blend amazing! Kosmas mix is cool.. maybe not doing it for me though... kinda loses my interest mid track...
    Chris Lake Mix is cool as well..nice twist to the first two tracks..chugs & flows well... liking that one... overall.. shit hot release!! NICE. 8.5/10 on the scale." CP

"I'm digging the Kosmas and Chris Lake mixes, solid production all around" Mike Hiratzka

"Kosmas Mix is amazing!!! Really loving the Chirs Lake as well both are fucking solid!" Greg Benz

"Great release! 10 out of 10." Lance Cashion

"I love the Original!" Jonathan Lisle

"The Kosmas mix is minimal yet really powerful, a perfect sound for my peaktime tracks, the effects and production are awesome..top notch!!!" Micah

"Original mix it's an amazing deep breaks tune... Gonna play it for sure! Pads, bassline and "hidden" voices makes it a very misterious track.
    Kosmas Epsilon's remix, it's massive as his usual work but, I must say I'm really into Chris Lake's remix, killer bassline and groovy drums makes it a fantastic piece of house music... Congrats for this top quality package!" MOS

"This is again a very good release. I prefer the Kosmas Remix on the flip. Always good reactions on this one!" Josi (K-records, U4EA, Stain)

"All three mixe are ACE , will defo be using on our asia tour " Neil & Mark (Nascent Records)

"Kosmas with this remix continues to reinforce why he is still one of my fav producers for 2004/2005. its wikkid, looking forward to playing this in lithuania next week." Steve May

"Habersham and Jacob Todd set a bit of a tension fill tone in this dark minimal landscape of sound. The eerie floating pads and mysterious vocal make the journey interesting. Little bits of melody greet you and then fade away, very fitting for the mood and track title." Joel Armstrong

"In its third release, Babylon Records reinforces its standing as one of the most exciting new labels in the scene. Habersham never ceases to dissapoint-- his collaboration with Todd results in an beautiful, emotion filled breakbeat tune that I've already worked into some of my sets on Proton. Kosmas mix on the flip is great!" - Jay Epoch (Proton Radio)

"Really nice work!" Chris Salt

"All of the mixes represent a Fantastic journey... Chris lake's interpretation is a skillful mesh of electronic edge and funk groove, sure to get you moving - and if that if that isn't enough to explode your head, then Kosmas delivers another skillfully crafted 2am masterpiece of delight." Chris Conner (Brahma / Sentient Audio Collective)

"Another great release guys! Congrats! Kosmas Epsilon remix is really powerful!" Emanuel Phaz (Eccentric Beats)

"This is good stuff. The B-Side Kosmas Epsilon Mix is really cool. I love the way it breathes. 8 out of 10." J-Punch

"I love everything by Habersham. He made Proper smart music,two thumbs up ! Kosmas mix is not bad,but he has so many records out at the moment,I don't know which one to play. 9 out of 10." Kevin Shiu and Nicky Delgado

Forthcoming BABYLON RECORDS Releases:

BAB004. CAN COSTA "Dizzy Synths" (w/ Paolo Mojo / Shiloh / PJ Davy / Joel Armstrong Remixes) Early Support from Sasha, James Zabiela, Chris Fortier & Hernan Cattaneo

BAB005. ANDREW K "Mar de Oro" (w/ Trafik Remix)
    BAB006. JACOB TODD "20:20" (w/Ozgur Can Remix)
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

^^^track is dope
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Much agreed Matt. Caught some snippets yesterday and was quite impressed. Kosmas' interpretation seems the perfect companion to the original. Can't wait to start hearing this out.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Pataky P
        asdf_imo
        • Jun 2004

Re: HABERSHAM & JACOB TODD "Nevermore" !!PROMOS OUT

Many thanks the many info,and the great links!!I like you!!

Comment

• razors edge
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Love the original

Comment

• shosh
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

just got it... sweet tracks... dig the sound...

Kosmas' remix is gorgeous. havent heard the chris lake remix tho.

Just what i expected from Habersham. Great work with Jake!

Comment

• Michael Lanning
              Fresh Peossy
              • Nov 2004

Babylon continues to deliver the goods!
              Michael Lanning - Brahma
              Sentient Audio Collective
              www.sentientaudiocollective.com

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

I really want to hear this track. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• yoco
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • May 2005

I really like this label - Babylon!

and
                  I can't wait - CAN COSTA "Dizzy Synths" (Paolo Mojo remix)

amazing track...

Comment

• djjacobtodd
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jul 2004

Review from www.progressive-sounds.com

Habersham & Jacob Todd - Nevermore

Iranian Damon Fonooni, better known as Habersham to most, teams up with New York's Jacob Todd for the trippy monster that is "Nevermore". This is the third track to be released on the fairly young label Babylon Records, who seem to have a taste for quality progressive.

The Original Mix sets up a dark breakbeat and introduces some haunting effects and an extremely subtle melody in the background. Almost muted vocal snippets float and weave their way throughout the melody, which sits on top of a bassline which tends to slither right into your head. It's overall subtlety would not appeal to everyone, but I find this tends to set it apart from a lot of current progressive tracks out there. This would be a perfect track to drop in the early hours of the morning.

From the beginning of the Kosmas Epsilon Mix we hear his trademark sounds being layered. His 4/4 interpretation is a far stretch from the original, bringing in many of his traditional sounds and assembling them in a tightly structured manner around eachother. The vocals make less of an appearance in this mix, and overall the haunting feel which made the original so strong has been ripped out altogether. With a more driving feel than the Original, this mix would appeal to those who like their progressive more uptempo and bright. For me, the Original held much more appeal.

While Kosmas Epsilon's Mix was a slight let down, the vinyl is worth purchasing for the Original Mix alone. Habersham & Jacob Todd have both done amazing work solo, and their collaboration seems to being together elements which give them a very unique sound, which is vital for success in the progressive scene. For those after an outstanding peak time mix, the Chris Lake Mix is an absolute killer, available exclusively from BeatPort, so keep a look out for that one.

Comment

• Eric Olson
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Mar 2005

Nice work, Jacob!

Comment

• Michael Lanning
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Nov 2004

hehe... so Jake, when did you move to New York? Seems that I talked to you a few days ago and you were still in Boulder. I didn't realize that Chris drove so far last week to get to your house.

Colorado represent!... "rocky mountain high"
                        Michael Lanning - Brahma
                        Sentient Audio Collective
                        www.sentientaudiocollective.com

Comment

Working...