X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: OH MY..... sasha and digweed played together last night

will meet you in the most mental venue for this simonr, so stereo really ??

please advice me with time, for reallll

Comment

• unkle
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by simonr

Makes you realise how poor the new kids on the block are when you hear these two.

Yep,

There is something called talent and
      another thing called quality, and They have both.
      Only a few djs can withstand the test of time.

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

I strongly disagree on this one. S&D, Seaman, even Oakenfold up to 1999, WOW, ETC, all giants. And perception of new talents is marred by over-exposure, because of the mp3s, Soundcloud and the Web in general.

When younger sbando put his fat hands on GU:19, Transitions/Kiss 100 had yet to come and you would download sets through newsgroups.

Of course there'll never be another Northern Exposure or Ren1, as we'll never get another Dark Side Of The Moon. But I'm still interested and I don't care if it's never going to be like NE, because nothing is going to be.

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Devil's Dandruff
          Banned
          • Nov 2015

Personally I feel sorry for people that are into Sasha, Digweed, etc but missed the 90's The 90's were on a different level. Not just the music, the excitement that you used to get from going to a club, standing in the queue, talking to the people outside, the crowd going nuts inside. It's so much tamer. I don't have a problem with the new kids on the block. It's their time. I still go out and have a good time, but it's not the same. You can't have the best night of your life over and over again, things change.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Devil's Dandruff
            Personally I feel sorry for people that are into Sasha, Digweed, etc but missed the 90's The 90's were on a different level. Not just the music, the excitement that you used to get from going to a club, standing in the queue, talking to the people outside, the crowd going nuts inside. It's so much tamer. I don't have a problem with the new kids on the block. It's their time. I still go out and have a good time, but it's not the same. You can't have the best night of your life over and over again, things change.
            Friends and I have this exact conversation from time to time. I can't imagine there being another time like the late 90s, at least, not for this music, not for clubs. That happened, and it was fucking magic.

Comment

• klangfabrik
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Devil's Dandruff
              i have missed the 90's as well, at least bc electronic msuic was not popular at all in austria these days, but i can see your point and fully agree

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

But that time was a time for a different us too. We age and grow and change.

We might feel sorry for the new kids but they'll never know what they missed, they just had the best nights of their lives last weekend.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Devil's Dandruff
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by feather
                  But that time was a time for a different us too. We age and grow and change.

We might feel sorry for the new kids but they'll never know what they missed, they just had the best nights of their lives last weekend.
                  Yes but they are listening to different music and different DJ's. Just because we do not like them we should not slate them. Forcing some new kid to listen to Digweed's Montreal Cd is not going to give them some sort of education that people think they are missing.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2008

Re:

Comment

• sbando
                      Going back to Romford
                      • Apr 2008

Yeah, it's all true

RA News: Sasha and John Digweed play The Social Festival 2016
                      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

i was right! tiddles breaking the news that matters

Originally posted by tiddles
                        rumor is they are playing the social this september because sasha found out how much university will cost for his kid(s) now that he lives in the us

Comment

Working...