http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
    http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
    http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Re: My beef about live 8

Live 8 is to make the people feel like they are actually doing something. When the reality is that erasing the debt of Africa and poor nations has already begun. The artists say it is them that is "creating awareness" about countries in poverty when the reality is that we have known the entire time. Live 8 and G 8 for that matter are just a bunch of bullshit.

Comment

• joker797
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2005

I think for the people who already know what's going on there's nothing new to be gained from Live8. Except maybe the sickening hypocrisy of some of the "stars" (Anyone see Jo Whiley interview Madonna - quality!)

For the younger people it might actually achieve it's aim of raising awareness, so for that it's a good thing.
        What if the Hokey Kokey IS what it's all about???

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

meh, awareness = stugots, they could have sold tickets to those concents and actually bought those kids a meal; AND on a seperate note, meanwhile there are thousands of underprivledged kids living right in Philly.....
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• evangelion
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
            Additionally, I read in the paper they are expecting over 2,000,000 people to flood into the city. To accomidate this influx they have arranged for 400 porta poties.
            2 mil??!! Damn, I just witnessed a Superbowl and it didn't bring in that many. This thing is bigger than the Superbowl??!!!

Originally posted by MusicalJourney
            IMO they should just give thw whole day to Floyd
            True that...Pink Floyd should have a 4 hour extended set. Hell, I'd be there for that...and my awareness would be raised exponentially...........on how much Pink Floyd rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by HoneyBearKelly
            The site manager (Encryption) is a very cool guy and I think you'll like it here.
            Both of those statements are debatable.

:wink:

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by evangelion
              Originally posted by HoneyBearKelly
              The site manager (Encryption) is a very cool guy and I think you'll like it here.
              Both of those statements are debatable.
              Well look who said it. :wink:
              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

Working...