X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Fabric Blog - Sasha

Is this distraction, especially with phones being flashed in your face, a huge problem when you’re touring?

"It drives you nuts, but… I mean especially in those rooms that are designed to be very dark, and then people turn their camera phone on, it’s really distracting. You can’t be too shitty about it, but I do wish that people would leave their cameras in their pockets and get on and dance. That’s not the world we live in though."

I found this interesting also...

"I really miss the days of playing vinyl actually. I’ve been thinking a lot recently about going back to playing that way. I’d definitely have to practice a lot. I just get really jealous when I see DJs at the airport with their box of records with them and I’m there with my 2-inch USB stick, maybe I’ll go back to it some day."

• sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Re: Fabric Blog - Sasha

Hmmmm, apart from re-learning his tricks (turning 3 different remixes of the same song into a single track, pioneering Pro Tools, mixing harmonically and being so stoned that you must leave the DJ booth and dance with the astonished punters. And when the last record is over everyone stops dancing and stares at you ), apart from that, what is the difference between vinyl and digital? It's like taking a carriage coach instead of a train when you are travelling. I'm 00% serious, vinyl records are gorgeous.But apart from the occasional analog accidents ready to happen, there is no difference. The issue most people have is with Serato and Traktor's synch function, CDJs tricks, emulators etc.

That said, if he decides to play old classics then it's all good .
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
      apart from that, what is the difference between vinyl and digital? It's like taking a carriage coach instead of a train when you are travelling. I'm 00% serious, vinyl records are gorgeous.But apart from the occasional analog accidents ready to happen, there is no difference.
      Vinyl and digital are completely different. I can do more musically with digital, but it's not nearly as fun as riding the wave of vinyl. When you're "on" and can't pick a wrong record, and know your records inside and out, not being able to loop them, seeing the end coming, dropping that 4 minute inside cut and getting out of it... it's actually a pretty awesome feel to just throw down record after record after record and have the room go off. There is a fun tension to that style of djing that I don't get with digital. That said I don't miss lugging crates of vinyl to gigs, but i'm 41 now, when I was 25 it was no big deal. I also prefer the wider musical ability I have with digital than the feel of vinyl, it's a trade off, but a welcome one.

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

From a larger scope, i'm sure he associates those crates of vinyl with how much better it was to be a dj back then- the clubs were better, the scene was better and that's a whole set of memories for him- "Ahh i miss those days..." not just the vinyl, but all that is associated with it.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Re:

Leaving the vinyl/digital argument aside, it would be nice if Sasha would implement a few 'all vinyl' sets each year while on tour. Personally, I've never had a issue with carrying records to a gig. The airports are a completely different story!

Comment

• Krystyan
            Platinum Poster
            • Oct 2004

i think he's just teasing everybody...
            https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

Working...